Just said my final goodbye to a friend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adidas_man

Honorary Honda Driver
well i just got back from the memorial of one of my friends Ssgt Doug Flowers. He will be missed by many. He was found dead in his home this past sunday. We think he had been there for about 8 days or so. He was supposed to be at 7-Level school so we had no idea that he was missing, and the school never called and said that he never made it. He was going through a nasty divorce with his wife, and apparently thought the only way to end the pain was to end his life. The last time anybody seen or talked to him from here was at my BBQ the day before we think he killed himself. Looking back none of us seen any type of signs. sure he was arguing with his wife, but who doesn't argue. It was a shock to everyone who knew him. No one seen it coming. So many questions that will go unanswered.

If any of you ever have problems in your life. and you know you're at the lowest point in your life and seems like nothing good is going to happen. just remember when you're at the bottom of a hill, the only way is up. things can and will get better. you just have to be strong and keep your head up. Sgt Flowers didn't stay strong and keep his head up. Now friends and family must mourn the loss of a great friend, son, brother and loving father. Doug left behind two wonderful sons, Jayden 4, and Donavan 1. he meant the world to them, and they meant the world to him.

See you later Doug

R.I.P Doug Flowers
1981-2005

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 21 2005, 12:50 PM
That's depressing.
[post=529485]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:

sorry to hear that man... never a good choice... i feel sorry for his kids

I feel bad for you, his wife, his kids, and all his friends and family. I do not, however, feel sorry for him. Why? He took the lowest, and most selfish way out. While he was feeling sorry for himself, I wonder if he ever considered his children that will now grow up without a father? Did he ever consider his wife, who although he is disagreeing with, would most likely NEVER want him to end his life? Did he consider his country, who could use his service in the military? Probably not. One of my best friends in middle school killed himself while I was away in Sweden. He just took the selfish pity-party way out. I have no respect for people who do that. Sorry to sound cold, and I send condolences to you as well as his family, but damn sir, grow the fuck up.

yes i do agree with you. i have the same feelings towards suicide. it is the lowest most selfish way to solve a problem. though i do not hate him for what he did, i mearly hate what he did. i can only try to imagine the loneliness that he was going through at the time of his death. if you went into his house all he had left was a 27" TV, dvd player, tv stand, and a blow up matress that he slept on. his wife took everything from him. he didn't even have dressers to put his clothes in, he had all of his clean clothes stacked neatly in a corner in his room, then he had the rest hung up in the closet. he tried not to stay there too often because it was lonely there, so he was alwayz over at my house just chillin. It was just a combination of a lot of alcohol, arguing and loneliness that pushed him over the edge. so once again, i do agree with you on the suicide part, but you have to have some pity towards him, he just wasn't able to handle it like others are able to.

Originally posted by Callidus@Jul 25 2005, 07:57 PM
I feel bad for you, his wife, his kids, and all his friends and family. I do not, however, feel sorry for him. Why? He took the lowest, and most selfish way out. While he was feeling sorry for himself, I wonder if he ever considered his children that will now grow up without a father? Did he ever consider his wife, who although he is disagreeing with, would most likely NEVER want him to end his life? Did he consider his country, who could use his service in the military? Probably not. One of my best friends in middle school killed himself while I was away in Sweden. He just took the selfish pity-party way out. I have no respect for people who do that. Sorry to sound cold, and I send condolences to you as well as his family, but damn sir, grow the fuck up.
[post=530997]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for saving me the effort. i was going to type the exact same shit.

its one thing to off yourself...
its another to off you self when you have 2 little kids.

mike, dude. i agree with you. I didnt know him, but i feel for his children who now have to grow up without a father.

and to his bitch wife, xwife whatever... she needs to die for doing this. divorce ranks up there with suicide in my books. a woman stays with a man, until he has supplied nice things. she then turns and runs, tkae the kids, the cars, the house and everything in it. I hate our court system.

well, my advise to everyone. dont count on anything being 100% for sure. nothing is as it seems. one day you are happy you have a great life, the next the bitch goes to work, meets someone who's drivign a better car makes more money... and n0 matter what she says to you regaurding how happy she is... she leaves you without a thought about what you want or what youve done. I hate woman who do this.

once you hit rock bottom, there's only ony way to go adn thats Up. Keep your heads up and even if you have to struggle, do it. It pays off... It did for me. I thought about suicide, then I realized I would haev left my father without provign to him what I am capable of. I then put down the knife, looked at his picture on my wall and thought... "its for you. I haev nothing else, its all for you"

got up and donet he same shit all day, that i have dne for hte past few years... telling myself its going to get better. adn finally, after a year of being in a selfdrought, i came out of it. i met an awesome person who opened my eyes and who has helped me turn my life around.

wow, i didnt mean to type that much, sorry I did so.

RIP Ssgt Doug Flowers

some are gonna think imma a asshole for this but i think that guy is bitch for killing himself and leaving his kids to mourn him...its very hard for boys to grow up with out fathers being there but to know that there father killed himself is horrible and something that they will have to deal with for the rest of there lives. SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER...and i think that is the most selfish act that anyone can do. ADDIAS MAN...i feel sorry that u have to mourn the death of a friend i know what is to be left with that empty feeling...i feel no pity for him what so ever...hes a coward. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 26 2005, 05:17 PM
May he also have mercy on your grammar. Whew.
[post=531499]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL!!!!!! i dont know why i thought that was soo funny, but if i wasnt at work i would have been on the ground laughing.

its that alcohol man. fuck the alcohol. i feel for him, but there are much better ways to deal with problems than drinking yourself stupid.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 26 2005, 01:17 PM

Oh its my favorite hondaswap member. Here let me correctly punctuate my response. BLOW ME!!!! I'm sorry english nerd. I did not know that we are being graded on this forum.

Yes, once again I send you condolences for your loss, and for his family, but it's one thing to look uphill from the bottom, and begin to walk up, than to bury yourself at the bottom.

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Jul 26 2005, 03:34 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Jul 26 2005, 01:17 PM

Oh its my favorite hondaswap member. Here let me correctly punctuate my response. BLOW ME!!!! I'm sorry english nerd. I did not know that we are being graded on this forum.
[post=531526]Quoted post[/post]​

Slow down, Senor Powderkeg. I'm your favorite? I'm not sure if I should be flattered or vomit. Since we're all being such good friends here, maybe I should add that up untill you posted your response, I was merely making an attempt at lightening the mood. Apparently it worked for SiLude, but evidently the archaic concept of humor is lost on you. :)

Back