Just saying hi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rockade

Hello, just saying hi to all the people here. I just got my self a beat up 1984 CRX and I figured this would be the best place to find out how to make it my first real project car.
Thank god I read the FAQ before I tried to buy a B16A and throw it in there :p

So.. yeah.
*waves*

the crx isnt really a viable platform until the 88-91 generation.
lol, you're gonna get a hit put out on you
hasport makes the mounts for the B series swap
limited aftermarket support for the old chassis's but lots of people still run em
personally i wouldn't convert from carb'ed to MPFI on that old of a car to swap it, but to each their own

Yeah, I just tend to get a lot of cars a the beginning of a generation that you can't do much to.... starting urk me a bit.
But hell, might as well start somewhere. I Don't know much about cars (More than most but not enough to actually do anything extravagant), but I figured after I sold both my 87 Accord and 90 Legacy even though I had plans for them, might as well stick to it for once.

Yeah and I already bookmarked the hasport site... but damn those mounting brackets are freaking expensive

upgrade chassis, then stick with it
you'll thank yourself in the long run, trust me

Oh yeah I kinda figured that. The front was hit a long time ago, but that can be put back into shape with a hammer, but that was just after a rough inspection. I plan on taking apart the entire front half to fix some cosmetic damage anyways

Ok about the chassis... what do you mean upgrading it? you mean with the hasport stuff?

no, i mean get a newer one
if you're planning on building something to keep you should be looking 92 and up chassis
if you MUST have a crx go with the 88-91
unless yours is flawless its not worth your time and money
and you've already said it was hit in the front
does it have any cancer?
floors? panhard bar area?
rear quarters?
it sucks when you swap a motor in something and then a few years later its dying of cancer

Well the floors seem ok, no rust through or anything like that.
The cargo are seems fine, except the lack of the cover for it.

Like I said, I gave it a rough inspection, but other than the radiator/headlight mounts, nothing seems wrong with the chassis. I was actually quite surprised. When I got the car, the problems with it were wiring (The entire dash blinked instead of the left blinker), the brake pedal was missing the part that pressed the brake button..... but got that all fixed. The car is pretty sturdy feeling when I drive it. Engine does't rattle around, so I'm assuming the mounts are ok. Needs an oil change really bad, and probably some new spark plugs. Got the car for 210$... I expected it to be in worse shape. I'm on the thought that the D15A2 engine in it blows a lot of ass though. Acceleration sucks.... But that might go away after some cleaning and replacing some parts.

Uhhh... I thought 1g CRXes came with the EW11 engine? Maybe I'm confused.

the SI's came with the EW4
the carb'ed crx's has the d15a2 with a wopping 58 horsepower
i wouldn't expect much from that motor

check out the first gen crx faq in the tech/refrence section if you haven't already
the d16a1 is a relatively cheap and very very fun swap
look for a first gen integra with good drivetrain, wire harness, ecu as a donor

Back