just sold the hatch ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_EF_Hatch

Señor Member
I sold my hatch for 850 yesterday, so here in the next few weeks i will be getting my new car.

This will be my first time to actually look at the market of cars and pick one so i dont want to make a bad decision.

Im looking for something that is mechanically sound, but still have some power, and the potential for more later if i feel like it. I also want something that i can keep around for a while. I really want a car with a sunroof, so it has to be just perfect if it doesnt have one lol, and i want a car with A/C. Other than that i am keeping a fairly open mind.

As long as it runs strong im not worried about the cosmetic issues.

I have about 3500 dollars to put towards my new car, and so far i have found 3 different cars that look alright

a 1997 Accord v6, a 1996 300gt, and a 1990 300zx.

but i would just LOVE to find a prelude (92 or up) in my price range, or a nice integra, but if i cant find one before too long i will just have to get something else.

I guess the point of this thread is to get some feed back from others with more experience on either the cars im looking at, or what cars i should be looking at. And other things to think about when looking for the right car.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer

1997 accord.

300ZX and 3000GT will only be good cars if you want them as a 2nd car. If you're looking for a DD, stick with the Accord and leave it stock, save up some more money then buy a toy.

1997 accord.

300ZX and 3000GT will only be good cars if you want them as a 2nd car. If you're looking for a DD, stick with the Accord and leave it stock, save up some more money then buy a toy.

I know, i really like the V6 accords i have been in before. and the ones i have seen are very well kept.

But why do you say the other two would only be good as second cars? I probably wont be doing any major work on what ever car i get, just bolt on stuff.

I'm guessing the 3000gt and the 300zx require significantly more maintenance, but idk. I don't really know anything about either car.

because the 300 is a 18 year old car and the 3000 GT is a mitsu.
both will cost you too much money when it comes to keeping them running. (and I'm a 300ZX fan) I still wouldn't think about owning it if I was you.

you're 18, buy the accord as a daily driver 3500 is nothing money wise, even more so if you think owning a 300ZX or 3000GT is a smart idea.

yeah, stay away from the Gt and the Z.

and do NOT buy a v6 accord with an automatic. JUNK trannies.

word..be patient and you will find something you love

:word: Hold onto your cash and look around. Keep Saving.

I drove my mom's minivan all summer until I got the car I truly wanted, and I'm still happy with it, 2 years later.

be patient... im sure you can find a decent integra for $3500 if you keep looking and have cash in hand to offer someone.

Hell, hit up ebay. Cars within 250 miles under $3500. Search. Probably pull up 1000 to choose from.

Oh wait, you're in texas.. Want a beat up 97 teggy fodo?

shoulda told me you were selling the hatch. I woulda grabbed it for 850.

Bah, I looked up bluebook on a 97 teggy. They've dropped alot in value, you can pick one up in excellent condition for $3200. Go find a nice one, lol.

On mine the clear coat is falling off, has a dented front fender, and compression on the #3 cylinder has been a few points low for like 3 years now. Not out of spec, but I'm still watching it pretty close. Hasn't changed. Now that I've said that its going to puke a piston through the hood today.

Bah, I looked up bluebook on a 97 teggy. They've dropped alot in value, you can pick one up in excellent condition for $3200. Go find a nice one, lol.

On mine the clear coat is falling off, has a dented front fender, and compression on the #3 cylinder has been a few points low for like 3 years now. Not out of spec, but I'm still watching it pretty close. Hasn't changed. Now that I've said that its going to puke a piston through the hood today.

yeah im finding alot of really nice 95-97 teggy 2 doors ....

so if i cant find a prelude in my price range, thats probably what i will get :)

you dont want a prelude...go with the integra.

preludes have too many problems, and quite obviously a chicks car.

DOn't get a 300zx if you don't have a second car.

Don't get the a 3000gt either.

Try to find a manual v6 accord. They're hard to find, but worth it.

Preludes are too expensive still, and you have to pay the extra insurance because of the class it's in.

Back