1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JUST SPENT 2 HOURS...

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by lowandslow, May 6, 2004.

1. lowandslow

lowandslow Senior Member

...looking for a damn exhaust manifold gasket for my car (just got my header :) )!! 5 places in my town...and not 1 EXHAUST GASKET. its a civic not a god damn beamer! and, VIP BLOWS...'why would we have one of those in stock?' the manager says...i dont know dude, its only one of the top 3 bought cars in america maybe? just a guess.

i was pissed, i planned on slapping the header on at home..but i had to come back to ghey school to take a final, and i cant get it on till tomorrow..im a bit impatient i guess

hhanyway...thats it

PS. VIP :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

2. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I've reused exhaust manifold gaskets with good luck. You are talking about the metal gasket between the head and the manifold, right?

3. lowandslow

lowandslow Senior Member

that'd be the one..i was gonna reuse mine, but i figured it was 11 years old now and it only costed me 16 bucks when i did end up finding one, so i grabbed it. a few of my friends at tire king also said they have reused theirs

4. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

mine was shit so i bought a new one

5. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

Most people say to use a new one every time you change the header. I re-used mine and had no problems. :shrug: But I didnt have the car that long after I did it so it could have been bad later on.

6. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

None in stock, even at the dealership? I had no problems getting one for mine a few weeks back.

7. turboB20hatch

turboB20hatch Senior Member

lmfao i had the exact problem a few months back i went to 8 different stores in my town and NOBODY had 1 i had. so i had to order that damn piece and wait.

8. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

lol... now you guys know how I feel when I try to find stuff for my AllTrac. I pretty much have to anticipate the need for parts before I actually need them in order to keep myself from having a week of down time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted