JUST SPENT 2 HOURS...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowandslow

...looking for a damn exhaust manifold gasket for my car (just got my header :) )!! 5 places in my town...and not 1 EXHAUST GASKET. its a civic not a god damn beamer! and, VIP BLOWS...'why would we have one of those in stock?' the manager says...i dont know dude, its only one of the top 3 bought cars in america maybe? just a guess.

i was pissed, i planned on slapping the header on at home..but i had to come back to ghey school to take a final, and i cant get it on till tomorrow..im a bit impatient i guess

hhanyway...thats it

PS. VIP :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I've reused exhaust manifold gaskets with good luck. You are talking about the metal gasket between the head and the manifold, right?

that'd be the one..i was gonna reuse mine, but i figured it was 11 years old now and it only costed me 16 bucks when i did end up finding one, so i grabbed it. a few of my friends at tire king also said they have reused theirs

mine was shit so i bought a new one

Most people say to use a new one every time you change the header. I re-used mine and had no problems. :shrug2: But I didnt have the car that long after I did it so it could have been bad later on.

Originally posted by lowandslow@May 6 2004, 08:40 AM
...looking for a damn exhaust manifold gasket for my car (just got my header :) )!! 5 places in my town...and not 1 EXHAUST GASKET.

lmfao i had the exact problem a few months back i went to 8 different stores in my town and NOBODY had 1 i had. so i had to order that damn piece and wait.

lol... now you guys know how I feel when I try to find stuff for my AllTrac. I pretty much have to anticipate the need for parts before I actually need them in order to keep myself from having a week of down time.

Back