Just stick it in...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

woozy

basicly I want a bigger motor for my 1st gen crx, I know the old perlude a20 has 25hp over the ew I have right now, Could I bolt up the a20 in my car? would I need the tranny/axles/shift linkage too? i need to stick to the carbarated modle because there is no way in hell I'm rewiring my whole car. Any help would be great!

If he wants to stay carbureted, I don't think the B16 is an option.

I believe there are some carbureted D blocks out there in JDM land that are a good bit newer and more powerful than the EW- you might want to check into those.

LOL! ya I'll run duel motors :worthy:
Will that work though? I'm replacing my motor this weekend (asuming everything goes right) If I can't find anything else I'll just put a new ew, mine has developend bad rings after I fixed a broken valve and the radiator blew.

Where the hell do you get a carbed ZC, really, why? I'm guessing no one knows if the a20 can be done.

or get a sohc d16a6/ 1.6l and put jdm duel carbs... i have some carbs for this with the air cleaner.. it is dissasembled.. the carbs are not apart. just air box and vacuum hoses.. e-mail me at www.hotcivic78332@yahoo.com i'll sell the hole thing for $25 bucks plus shipping. i may have pics. i never used these carbs. i went injected instead. i wouldn't bother with the a20

better yet.. put in any b series or d series. and spend the $1500 bucks for some side draft carbs. good luck on your swap. :worthy:

That sounds like the best segestion yet, send (or post) some pics! the only thing is that if they're J spec they won't meet us emition standards as i've herd...

Back