Just Swapped The Drums For Disc..need Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I have an 89 4 door LX and my car came with rear drums as you all know. so while i got the b16 put in...i said f*ck it...throw the disc on the rear too...so now i'm in a big dilema...the pedal stops real low (pretty much stops the same way when i had drums in the rear) and i had my booster and master changed because the old ones were in bad shape...then i started losing brake fluid pretty quickly but it's not coming from the hoses or the master! where could it be going??? my car still stops but i have to push way down and i have to fill my master back up like every 2-3 days!! i'm going to take it to midas so they can find out where i'm losing fluid from (or i can chek myself if you guys have an idea of where it' going) but i also want to know what can i do so my brakes stop my car once i put my foot on the pedal like other cars? get the master swapped out again? ($120 down the drain) get the proportioning valve swapped out? please help...if i wanna go fast i ned to stop right ;)

Your master could be bad... but one question- did you bleed your master cylinder before you installed it? You could just be working excess air out of the system.

It's a brand new master now...it' not leaking...i checked it..it was put in by a shop and thy told me they bled the system before i took it...i might bleed them again once i changed the pads before i take it to midas...anyone else have an idea or have had this problem before??? i need help bad!!! thanks for the reply tho calesta

No problem man... just thought I'd guess at your problem. You're not seeing any leaks anywhere?

Check your rotors for fluid from the piston seals,I had the same thing going on.Turns out one of the piston seals was bad and it was leaking fluid.Also did you bleed all four brakes?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 3 2003, 08:25 PM
Check your rotors for fluid from the piston seals,I had the same thing going on.Turns out one of the piston seals was bad and it was leaking fluid.Also did you bleed all four brakes?

i don't know how many times the shop bled them...but i bled my brakes like 10 times before i brought it to them...also i think the seals on the caliper are going bad so i'll see what's up thanks guys

Back