Just switched to T-Mobile from Verizon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love my GS4. If only ATT worked at my house. It's great everywhere else around here though.

the verizon/att-tmobile phones are different model numbers, so there will be some differences.

I am thinking about going Tmobile. Being East of the River the coverage starts sucking and it looks weak through the south of Middletown rt9 to the shore. It says excellent service at my house but a few miles away it goes to 2g. But it says excellent service at our beach cottage. Att sucks at the cottage.

Well another advantage with Tmobile is my AT&T 4G Mobile hotspot from work. I guess through T Mobile, calls can be made over Wi-Fi when connected and i always have it with me and my phone connected to it so that works out well too. So I will either have AT&T, Verizon or Tmobile coverage wherever i go.

see this is what i am talking about ..3+ days with 46% battery life left on the TMobile SGS4. And this is running on my old battery from my other phone. Tmobile sent me a generic S4 battery so i put my OEM Samsung battery from my old phone into the TMobile phone. The phone is just different, better, but it's the same dam phone.

battery.jpg

I can't do T-Mo. both my gf and brother have it and their service/reception sucks donkey nuts. you go anywhere even remotely not in a populated area, and you get zero service. they got from LTE -> nothing, when i go from LTE->4G. the plans are cheap if you already have a phone paid off, but the reception and very small LTE area isnt worth it to me.

I pay $82/mo on ATT, unlimited data, unlimited talk and text. they slow down my data every month when i exceed 3GB though. I use about 4-5GB/month. I have a grandfathered Unlimited data plan since I've been with them since I had the iPhone 3GS (now on a 5S). I also get a discount through my work.

Battery life is directly related to your apps installed and time on wifi. wifi saves battery life significantly over the air-based signals. If you have a lot of apps that check for pushes and sync, that's the real killer.
put a phone in airplane mode and it will last a LONG time

put a phone in airplane mode and it will last a LONG time
This is the best advice if you know you won't be able to charge for a long time.

If you have a desk where you work, get a wireless charger. Best thing I ever bought. I never use the USB port on the phone anymore.

my case prevents 'air' charging stations :/

see this is what i am talking about ..3+ days with 46% battery life left on the TMobile SGS4. And this is running on my old battery from my other phone. Tmobile sent me a generic S4 battery so i put my OEM Samsung battery from my old phone into the TMobile phone. The phone is just different, better, but it's the same dam phone.

battery.jpg
There's a drop, then a spike to less than 100%, which means that you charged it at some point, but not all the way. The 3+ days on battery is deceptive, as it means it's been 3 days since you charged the phone to full, not 3 days on pure battery power.

There's a drop, then a spike to less than 100%, which means that you charged it at some point, but not all the way. The 3+ days on battery is deceptive, as it means it's been 3 days since you charged the phone to full, not 3 days on pure battery power.

uhmm not sure what that spike is but the phone was not on any charger for 3+ days i can assure you that..so yes it was off the charger for 3 days +

Back