Just want to know? A little research

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mesodum

I've heard a lot of d-series tearing apart under boost, is it wise to turbo a stock d-series engine also could the dohc zc handle boost better? Which d-series engine is better suited for boost?

I just got my D15B7 project done and it is fun as hell. I did the homemade turbo thing with a 14B turbo and I am pretty impressed. I even still have stock exhaust which is my next big change along with a cheap test pipe. I only drive this car when I get time but so far no problems and I rev the hell out of it. I did blow one of my intercooler pipes off but I apparently didn't have the clamp tight enough.

the only real problem with turbo-ds is the rods. they tend to bend/shatter under boost. Good tuning helps in prevention, but the cylinder pressures alone have the ability to bend rods.

I have heard of plenty of people that have had 0 problems with stock rods, but i have seen 2 with bent rods...so i guess its a toss up.

Cool Thanks also what about transmission problems, like for example the na eclipse tranny has virtually no problems but the boosted eclipse has tons of problems even though its built to handle boost. Will I face the same problems on a honda? (or mitsu is just a shitty company?)

You should update the engine if you want to trubo something like that if so let me know i`ll find a great trubo kit for very few thousand maybe.

hes smoking the safety weed rather than the wreckless weed...

i think i still have some wreckless under the sink....one sec............

yup, you want this. i try to avoid it now adays.

Back