Just Wondering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How does running a website work? Who owns this one? Why would anyone spend money and time on maintaining a website and writing articals? Seems to be alot of trouble Do the owners make some kind of income or is it non-profit?

your answers:

1. pissedoffsol owns this site
2. most sites like this are owned by people who enjoy their hobby...in this case, high performance Hondas
3. i dunno if pissedoffsol makes any money or not, not any of my business if he does

i own the site
successful sites make money off ads, non-succesful sites flop and cost the owner out of pocket.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 10 2003, 07:41 PM
1. pissedoffsol owns this site
2. most sites like this are owned by people who enjoy their hobby...in this case, high performance Hondas

but our owner hates hondas, as well as some other mods/members who all think "high performance" shouldn't be in the same sentence with "honda".

this is interesting for me to see because they are the people keeping this forum alive. i like my money pit civic :unsure:

I don't hate Hondas. I owned three, and I'd buy one again at the right price.

When it comes down to what you'll spend vs. what you'll get, and compare that to, say, a factory turbocharged car like a Supra, MR2, or WRX, Hondas just don't stack up.

Here's a comparason that I can knowledgely speak about: Civic vs. AllTrac.

What would it take and how much would it cost to get 600 crank HP out of a Civic hatch?
B swap- $3500
Pistons, rods, studs, bolts, head gasket- $1500
Turbo setup (turbo, manifold, downpipe, charge pipe, IC, BOV, wastegate, hoses, gauges)- $7500
Clutch- $400
Hondata- $900
Exhaust- $500
Total- $14,300. And you'll have major traction issues on the street.

How much would it cost to get 600 crank HP out of a Celica AllTrac?
TecII stand alone- $1895
Upgraded turbo- $1200
Manifold- $400
Downpipe, charge piping- $300
FMIC- $400
RC front bumper and hood- $1200
Head gasket- $250
Exhaust- $500
Clutch- $400
Total- $6545. Did I mention the AllTrac has AWD, so you can actually use all 600 HP on the street? The RC bumper and hood (OEM parts that came on the ST-185RC sold everywhere but here) aren't even nessicary, but help get air in and out of the engine compartment better than the USDM hood and bumper.

Yes, the Honda will be faster, but is it worth the additional $7750 it'll take? I'm not saying the AllTrac is the be- all end- all of performance. It has it's shortcomings. But I digress...

Hondas are fun cars, and sometimes I miss my turbo '93 Si hatch: http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/93.html But I've done the all motor swap Honda thing. I've done the turbo Honda thing. And I've done the factory turbocharged thing. Unless Honda comes out with a turbo car, I'll never go back to them as my main performance vehicle.

the way i see it, hondas are not in the same class as the other vehicles, hondas are NA ff's and you can turbocharge them but still a ff. Rwd turbo cars have advantages over a NA ff car and thats where it takes money to even out the difference.

if you were to compare a supra factory turbo'ed car with a mclauren where there are more cylinders, more hps and designed to be a race car it's really no comparison. but it you were to put money into the supra, upgrade turbos and suspension maybe it'll be more even with a mclauren.

and a b series turbo kit is NOT 7500 dollars.

all i'm saying is if this is a honda performance site, why does every thread in the kill stories section end with people talking about domestics and about how hondas are just shit?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 10 2003, 09:39 PM
I don't hate Hondas. I owned three, and I'd buy one again at the right price.

When it comes down to what you'll spend vs. what you'll get, and compare that to, say, a factory turbocharged car like a Supra, MR2, or WRX, Hondas just don't stack up.

Here's a comparason that I can knowledgely speak about: Civic vs. AllTrac.

What would it take and how much would it cost to get 600 crank HP out of a Civic hatch?
B swap- $3500
Pistons, rods, studs, bolts, head gasket- $1500
Turbo setup (turbo, manifold, downpipe, charge pipe, IC, BOV, wastegate, hoses, gauges)- $7500
Clutch- $400
Hondata- $900
Exhaust- $500
Total- $14,300. And you'll have major traction issues on the street.

How much would it cost to get 600 crank HP out of a Celica AllTrac?
TecII stand alone- $1895
Upgraded turbo- $1200
Manifold- $400
Downpipe, charge piping- $300
FMIC- $400
RC front bumper and hood- $1200
Head gasket- $250
Exhaust- $500
Clutch- $400
Total- $6545. Did I mention the AllTrac has AWD, so you can actually use all 600 HP on the street? The RC bumper and hood (OEM parts that came on the ST-185RC sold everywhere but here) aren't even nessicary, but help get air in and out of the engine compartment better than the USDM hood and bumper.

Yes, the Honda will be faster, but is it worth the additional $7750 it'll take? I'm not saying the AllTrac is the be- all end- all of performance. It has it's shortcomings. But I digress...

Hondas are fun cars, and sometimes I miss my turbo '93 Si hatch: http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/93.html But I've done the all motor swap Honda thing. I've done the turbo Honda thing. And I've done the factory turbocharged thing. Unless Honda comes out with a turbo car, I'll never go back to them as my main performance vehicle.

you completely forgot the actual cost of the car itself. that does factor in too. how much is a civic? we'll say $3k just for arguments sake since it can be more or less depending on year and trim and such. how much is an alltrack celica.... all the ones ive seen were for around $10k. now when you add up EVERYTHING the price difference becomes a little closer. its like saying a viper vs. a civic... the viper will cost nothing extra to be fast, where the civic will cost assloads to keep up with the viper, so lets get a viper instead becasue it doesnt cost a lot to make it fast. <_<

Most unmodded AllTracs I've seen have been around $5K- $7K. If you can find one for sale...

all the ones ive seen were unmodded and wanted like 10k, they are impossible to find for sale.

Originally posted by word@Aug 10 2003, 09:55 PM
all i'm saying is if this is a honda performance site, why does every thread in the kill stories section end with people talking about domestics and about how hondas are just shit?

:withstupid: :werd:
Finally someone said it

Back