JVC KD-DV5100

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
jvc.jpg

Got it finally. Under $250 shipped and it plays cd's, dvd's, and mp3 encoded cd's and dvd's. Three dvd's and I've got all 13gb of my music in my car.

I definately recommend getting an lcd screen if you pick up this unit, if not just for the file browser.

Overall, easy install and a great sounding receiver. Even better than the Sony I had, although lacking some of the features like Dynamic Sound Output and 3 preamp outputs.

pioneer :thumbsdown:
i hate their shit. garbage.

so now which piece is this-- the head unit, or the screen at the bottom?

You're entitled to your opinion, B.

Personally, every Pioneer unit I've bought (2 so far) has been great for me.

And he's talking about the head unit.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Mar 15 2005, 01:49 PM
ipod + itrip
[post=473920]Quoted post[/post]​

Isn't that iTrip bullshit just a fancy way of saying "FM Transmitter"?

Pioneer makes an actual adapter that you plug into the head unit and the iPod to control the iPod like a changer.

My Head Unit

iPod Adapter

It uses Pioneer's IP-Bus changer system, which is how the adapter controls the iPod. It's pretty cool from what I know of it, and I intend to get the adapter when I get my free iPod. Speaking of that, I need more referrals!

/threadjack

Sorry Nate :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 15 2005, 01:42 PM
pioneer :thumbsdown:
i hate their shit. garbage.

so now which piece is this-- the head unit, or the screen at the bottom?
[post=473827]Quoted post[/post]​

you blind bastard, its a JVC :p

:ph34r:

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Mar 15 2005, 06:03 PM

you blind bastard, its a JVC :p

:ph34r:
[post=473978]Quoted post[/post]​

That, and it says Audiobahn on the LCD.

And I bought it off eBay for under $250 shipped, new and with Buy It Now. $50 cheaper than Crutchfield, and they actually had it in stock.

have you played any dual layer + R dvds on it yet? i don't want it if it won't play my full 8 GB discs :)

Alpine 43v3R!!!ii!!!

j/p That's a nice little set up, I wanted to get an iPod and a head unit to play it, but I think I am going to stick with CDs for another decade.

Originally posted by Lshatch916@Mar 18 2005, 01:51 AM
im a kenwood fan but im trying pioneer for the first my deck got stole...damn theives!!!!!
[post=475217]Quoted post[/post]​

you'll hate life.

kenwood > pioneer
10 > 1

free SAT practice too. :)

i'm down with Pioneer, never had anything better, and i've had alot, apline, jvc, panasonic, sony, and so on and so fourth. i wouldn't go for their amps though.

Back