K series block, B series tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9r

ive seen an adapter for the bell housing of a B series tranny to mate to a K series block(k24). i cant remember what site it was. if you know of what im speaking about, can you post a link please.
thanks
john

im not sure that would work ..... the B series spins in the opposite direction of the K series

using a B series tranny on a K series would produce 1 forward gear and 5 reverses :unsure:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 4 2003, 11:47 AM
im not sure that would work ..... the B series spins in the opposite direction of the K series

using a B series tranny on a K series would produce 1 forward gear and 5 reverses :unsure:

:werd: :withstupid:

is it that is spins the oposite direction, is it that the turn the engine around.
for Bseries, tranny is on passenger side, and for the K series it is on the driver side....

so maybe they do spin in the same direction......hmmm??

just a thought

there was a company that recently developed a prototye for this . . . i think i came across it on ht. . . . if i could just remember . . .

Originally posted by chingro@Nov 4 2003, 02:11 PM
is it that is spins the oposite direction, is it that the turn the engine around.
for Bseries, tranny is on passenger side, and for the K series it is on the driver side....

just a thought

There's a sequential transmission that spins the other way someone wanted to put on their 1st gen CRX at redpepperracing.com, and the idea of turning the engine around 180 degrees came up... It sounded possible...

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 4 2003, 03:34 PM-->
@Nov 4 2003, 02:11 PM

just a thought

There's a sequential transmission that spins the other way someone wanted to put on their 1st gen CRX at redpepperracing.com, and the idea of turning the engine around 180 degrees came up... It sounded possible...

The way they say a way an engine spins, is by looking at the crank pulley side and seeing which way it spins.

"Turning it around" like you say would just change where the engine sits, not how it spins. Know what i mean?

Originally posted by NoJokE+Nov 4 2003, 03:54 PM-->
Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 4 2003, 03:34 PM
chingro

just a thought

The way they say a way an engine spins, is by looking at the crank pulley side and seeing which way it spins.

"Turning it around" like you say would just change where the engine sits, not how it spins. Know what i mean?

think about what you just said . . . . does it make any sense to you? :huh:

I never heard of that, I don't know why you would want to do it, but it may be possible, lots of factors to determine if it will work.

Kirk (GTPilot) on the redpepperracing boards had this to say about it:

There is a lot to be gained for rotating the motor 180 degress in a Honda - number one is weight distribution, number two is lower CG and number three is better suspension geometrycan be had, number four is cool ram air intake, number five is the exhaust exits where it should...

Originally posted by ek9r+Nov 4 2003, 04:13 PM-->
Originally posted by NoJokE@Nov 4 2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DarkHand@Nov 4 2003, 03:34 PM
chingro

just a thought

think about what you just said . . . . does it make any sense to you? :huh:

Just...... forget what i said, i dont know what the fuck i was thinking. I had just woken up from a nap

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 4 2003, 04:29 PM
I never heard of that, I don't know why you would want to do it, but it may be possible, lots of factors to determine if it will work.

i have a sequential b series tranny that was meant for a b20vtec. that project was junked, in comes the k24. i wanted to utilize the sequential trans . . . .

Back