K series into ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

just wondering if anyone has considered or know/heard anyone who has put a k series into a 96-00 civic ek? Pros/Cons? Mounting issues, enough space? I would like to hear from you guys at HS. thanks.

yes people have, using custom mounts and standalone engine managment. i would love a K series in an EK, that motor is superior to any B or H series. i would wait until people come out with kits for the swap, unless you feel like tackling it on your own, good luck. :)

i have heard of a k swap for a eg or ek. i think its pretty fuckin crazy! but not worth it. i rather have a b series or h series cause k series swaps arent common, that means alot of custom work and labor...too rich for these pockets. im more a of ls/turbo fan anyways. vroooooooooooooommmmmm PISHH!!!

anything can be done, seen the New K in many ek's via online but not in person.

the cost associated with it, I would go with a b series :)

ya more then likely im gonna build an ls/vtec, but it just came to me after reading importbuilders new motor they have which is a k24 stroked to 2.2-2.3 block with a r/s ratio of 1.71. With a toda valvetrain/built head, and alot of money, can be an interesting build i think. Too bad i dont have the kinda of cash right now <_<

SCC talked about this swap in an article when the rsx and 03 si first came out.
The Kseries motors rotate in opposite directions than b and h series so the motor will have to be on the other side of the engine compartment. and a lot of other expensive mods need to be done

Honestly..id love to do that swap! its different and unexpecting! if youve got the time id say do it!

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 9 2004, 11:41 PM
here

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1470

read that

e, that FAQ is not as true as it was 6-12 months ago. now there is a mount kit for like 800 to get it to work. The engine it self is quite expensive to buy. I have seen one eg, on a dyno with a k20a in it. Nice. However, these mount kits are just in there early stages. Heck with this company, when they showed the picture of the eninge bay, the lighting was so dark, you could not even see the mounts. Give it a little more time, and the k20 will be the new h22 for the handlers.

Back