k-series motors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

whats up. i wanted to focus more on the head between the k20 and k24. I know that there both vtec, so im just curious if the heads are the same, with the expetion of camshafts and valvetrain...or are the heads completely different? (ie. mild PnP on the k20, the k20's camshafts/valvetrain wont go on a k24 head) i would really apprecaite it if someone could supply me this information. thanks.

K20/ K24 heads

Thats one you would probably have to research. I saw some stuff one wikipedia.com that was saying that there is a difference between the valve overlaps and lifts in reference to the VTEC. I have not read much but you can check it out for your self.

Last edited:
I think the difference is that the K24 only has i-VTEC on the intake like the K20 is the EP3.
Aren't the cams more aggressive in the k20 as well? I mean if the i-vtec thing is the only difference then why do people bother with the k20 head?

Edit:I'm not big into K-series but I just read that the TSX k24 and type-s are almost identical heads.

Last edited:
Back