1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K series swap in a 2002 Civic and Power Steering

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by rcaca0, Feb 4, 2014.

1. rcaca0

rcaca0 New Member

Hello,

I am planning on doing a K series swap on my 2002 Honda Civic Ex. I noticed that in some articles that people lost the use of Power Steering during the swap. Can I just purchase the Power Steering Pump for the K series engine and modify it to work with the rack and pinion on the 2002 civic? Is this a simple job? Looking at the K series manual, it looks as if there are four lines: 2 that goes to the oil cooler and 2 that goes to the rack and pinion. I am hoping that I can just buy a new hose adapter or even new hoses that will work with the K series PS pump and my rack and pinion.

Thanks again,
    R

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

You need to look into clearance issues with the pump pulley and hood. Not sure but I'm guessing it's an issue.

Karcepts makes a kit for K-Series with a electric MR2 power steering pump. Look into them. They make tried and true K-swap parts.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted