K Sport vs Tokico

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HonCiv99

EK Swappa
Can't really go wrong with the Tokicos. Good quality stuff. That's just a basic lowering kit though, there won't be any height or dampening adjust-ability with those.

As for the K-Sports, I've heard some people say they're great, and then I've heard others say that they're crap, so take that for what it's worth. I can personally vouch for the Tokicos because I have that exact kit...

Can't really go wrong with the Tokicos. Good quality stuff. That's just a basic lowering kit though, there won't be any height or dampening adjust-ability with those.

As for the K-Sports, I've heard some people say they're great, and then I've heard others say that they're crap, so take that for what it's worth. I can personally vouch for the Tokicos because I have that exact kit...

Yea it says like an inch in the front and back so thats all I'm really lookin for and I'm feelin that price difference 2 :D

O Brutal did you install yours urself, or professionally?

Cool cool.. Hell yea they do from all the salt and sht during the winter. Iv'e only lived here for like 2 years but from Iv'e seen so far yea.

Another question, would you recommend getting the Illumina or HP Tokico's? I know with the Illumina's they are ajustable but thats really no big deal to me cuz I don't want to go lower than what it comes as. Was just wondering if they are better quality or something?

if you are changin your springs you may want to get new struts too. i just changed my springs and the nut on the tops of all the struts was frozen in place, and my trusty honda mechanic friend from vardaman honda in hattiesburg came over and we broke out the sawzall to scavange the remaining usefull parts off of the strutt assembly.

I installed them myself. It wasn't hard at all. Do cars get rusty in your area?
legit point bro rust causes problems with suspension work... been there done that... i had a 1973 VW thing, 1600cc aircooled and me and my dad built it from the ground up... i sold it a few years ago though.

Cool cool.. Hell yea they do from all the salt and sht during the winter. Iv'e only lived here for like 2 years but from Iv'e seen so far yea.

Another question, would you recommend getting the Illumina or HP Tokico's? I know with the Illumina's they are ajustable but thats really no big deal to me cuz I don't want to go lower than what it comes as. Was just wondering if they are better quality or something?

Well, the adjust-ability in the Illuminas is dampening adjust-ability, not height adjust-ability. They have little dials on them that allow you to make the ride firmer or softer depending on what you're going to be doing with the car at any given time. If you think you actually might do some racing on a track from time to time, then the Illuminas would be nice to have, but if it's going to be a daily-driven street car only, then I'd probably just go with the HPs.

And as for the rust stuff, I would recommend that you buy a can of penetrating fluid about a week before the install and start spraying down the rear lower control arm bolts a couple times a day. Those things are a bitch to get out if they're rusted in place. If you spray them down with penetrator and then make sure to use a breaker bar on them you might be able to get them off successfully and be able to reuse them. If they look really rusted though, then you might want to buy some new ones beforehand just in case they break coming out...

You also may want to be careful on taking your oem strut out on the passenger side becaus in the event that you dont know exactly what you are doing you may accidently separate the cv joint on the axle which is not fun.

Back