k20 advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oopma

i have a 91 ls teg i have been looking to do a h22 swap i can get the h22 for $900 complete my cuzin just told me that he can get me a k20a2 complet for $1500 witch swap would be less of a headache. and do they make the mounts for the k20 to go in to the da

The K20 swap is possible, if you pick up the latest issue of Honda Tuning they have a tech article about swapping a K20 into a DA Integra, so you might want to check that out. I'd say go for the K20 if you can get it for that cheap. It's got tons of potential as far as tuning and modding possibilities.

I hope you realize though that the tranny that's in your car is not going to bolt up to either of those motors, so I hope your prices are including transmission as well as just the motor.

no one said it was impossible. i just said the h22 swap is easier and less of a hassle.

no one said it was impossible. i just said the h22 swap is easier and less of a hassle.

Yeah I know that, and I agree with you too, I was just trying to tell him that Hasport has mounts to make the actual swap easier. But yeah, unless he's going to buy a conversion harness then the wiring will probably be a hassle. Also, I think the DA Integra has a cable driven speedo while the K20 has an electronically controlled speedo, so you'd have to find some kind of solution for that as well.

Just some things to consider...

i would say k20! it's less easyer than a h22 but it is worth it!! ;)

i too would go K series, but its not as easy as you might think. Hasport has not released K into a DA mounts yet, probably wont for 6-8 months.

Back