k20 in a DA???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92 CiviC H/B

DB1 Owner.
i was just wondering if the k20 Rsx type s 6speed swap would work in a DA?
pretty sure it can be done,but just don't know what needs to be done so this motor can fit?

thanks in advance.

would a redline at 8.2k hurt a stock ls engine?

Does a stock LS red-line at 8,200? The answer to that question is no, so the answer to your question is yes. If you want to safely spin your motor significantly higher than your stock red-line, you need to upgrade your valve train. And if you actually want to make power at 8,200 RPMs, then you'll need to upgrade your cams as well.

yeah your right.its just that i found a spoon sports chip that has a 8.2k redline.
a LS motor,fuel cuts off at 6.8k.

yeah your right.its just that i found a spoon sports chip that has a 8.2k redline.
a LS motor,fuel cuts off at 6.8k.

Yeah, chips like that really aren't a good idea. Just like you said, what's the point of an 8,200 red-line when the fuel cuts off at 6,800? The best thing to do is chip your ECU and get it tuned specifically to your engine and it's modifications. Those "Mugen" and "Spoon" chips that you see on eBay are one-size-fits-all tuning solutions, and that's really not something you wanna do when you're talking about something like a car engine.

tune the motor before u do anything with a chip so u can handle the operating rpm spin for the cams

Tune the motor before you chip? What are you talking about? You add a chip so that you can tune. No part of your post makes any sense at all...

Back