1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k20 in a EK civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by CRXratedR, Mar 9, 2004.

1. CRXratedR

CRXratedR Member

I was browsing around and i saw a swap kit for a RSX Type S motor in a DC Integra. It runs for about $900. Everybody is swapping in B18s and B16s. A K20 is a different road. It also has a lot of potential. With intake, headers, exhaust and ECU tune - it had close to 200 hp and like 130-140 tq I believe. Plus the 6 speed tranny would be nice to have. Is this swap worth it? Is it too much weight up front (like the H22)? Who's done it?

2. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

this q has been asked a million times, please go search, then if you dont find your answer come back to this thread. seriously there are tons of opinions and misconceptions aobut K series swaps, so do a search and read up on some of this sites info that all the guys have taken the time to write, then ask the question again.

3. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

I was going to do the swap and i have the money, i just dont want to put that much effort and time into it. I like the i VTEC and 6spd tranny but 10k for the swap just doesnt seem logical to me. if it was somewhere around 7k i would do it. But I also want to spend that saved money on type r brake conversion with tein coilovers and traction bars, strut bars etc. just my 2 cents.

4. CRXratedR

CRXratedR Member

oh.. every time i search for it.. they are always swapping the k20 in the newer civics.. not the EK but the one after that.. 01 and up..

10 Gs? damns.. i had a chance to pick up a k20 from my friend's wrecked type S for 4 Gs.. and the mounts would be 1000.. complete swap for 4000.. sounds good to me.. whoop on some GSRs..

5. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I belive that Hasport has a kit for it, if not they are coming out with one soon. There is a shit load of potential in these engines, are actually lighter then B-series, but the only major problem with them is the price. Maybe give it a few years and the prices will go down, but for right now, they are just too expensive.

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

7. civic_types

civic_types Senior Member

4k for that motor.......... where was your buddies car hit? the front?

8. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

Yeah i was gonna get the k20 for $4k to. its not just a fuckin drop in for an eg. theres the mounts, axles, wiring, header. Everything has to go on the other side of the engine bay. And who knows how much fab. It definetly isnt a $5000. Always plan on spending more than you think you are.

9. assman

assman Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted