K20 in an EG dyno vid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Don't forget that it has individual throttle bodies, and custom header. This is that car right? Cuz I don't want to download it again.

and what the hell was the result of the dyno run? They never showed figures. they just showed him edging past another Civic in an illegal street race....

i was just about to post this. bad ass.

k-series own.... and now that the fit in a REAL chassis.... theres some potential for 'em

*Sigh*

I'll have to wait till I get home...

"Cannot play back the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding."

Dirty Reds... <_<

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 29 2003, 10:51 PM
windows media 9 ons j00

yeah it ons me too. :lol:

man that thing doesnt look like its mounted all that well. looks like its got a good amount of movement in the engine bay. but that i-vtec sounds sweet, but why does it sound like it hits twice? sounds almost like the engagement of the gsr engine with vtec hitting first then the secondaries. is i-vtec dual staged?

would love to see pics of the install

It looked like that fucker was gonna jump out. I thought it was another pennsoil commercial, where the engine jumps out of the SUV and goes down the road.

That thing sounds mean as fuck tho.

thats tight now i just gotta wait till the K20s are cheap enough for me to afford.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 29 2003, 04:46 PM
and now that the fit in a REAL chassis.... theres some potential for 'em

Someone at redpepperracing is working on swapping a K20 into a 1st gen CRX... :)

yes i know it doesnt have them i was jus saying it SOUNDS like it has them.

and no secondaries dont open first, vtec is first.

and still, does i-vtec have a dual stage vtec?

Nope. It's still one switch for both cam profiles.

I think what you're hearing is the resonances in the length of the intake system. It can sound like butterflies opening when the resonant air speed is hit.

My B16a did it with an ITR intake manifold at 3500 RPM, then again at 7200 rpm. It was damn cool sounding on the dyno... sounded like 3 VTEC's. ;)

Back