1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k20 into a 98 hx

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by hxblack, Oct 30, 2006.

1. hxblack

hxblack New Member

does anyone know how hard or easy it may be to put a k20 into a 98 civic hx coupe, what will i need to do besides new motor mounts, and radiator

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

its perty hard but also easy lol if that makes sence, but anyways you got to do alot of stuff there is a few more post just like this one that tells what needs to be done

3. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

Yea there is a "little" (notice the " ") more than just throwing it in with new mounts and a radiator.You may want to really research this before you endup with a non running car because you dont have enough money to finish it.

4. hxblack

hxblack New Member

yea i wanted to find out what all was involved before i got started on this and right now the car has been sitting for about 3 weeks and i can either drop a b18a1 obd1 or the k20 from an 02 civic, and i am leaning more towards the b18 and just swapping the head on it

5. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well for the complete swap for the k is about 5-9 grand.but if you already have the motor i say go for it

6. hxblack

hxblack New Member

well i caan either gett the k20 or the b18 for around the same price, and i really just want to get my car running again, so i think im going to go for the b18 and then this summer do a head swap then possibly boost

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted