K20 or K24 in 01 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7THGEN

Hey, i was wondering wat i would need to swap a k20 or k24 into my 01 ex. i know its gonna take money and alot of time but it think i can handle it. i have a manual tranny, but would like the rsx 6 speed. would that tranny linkage fit threw the shifter whole or will that need to be modified. also i know i need knew axles but does anyone make them for this swap if so should i get stage 2/3/4. also does anyone make an exhaust for this swap cuz im pretty sure the exhaust ports point towards the firewall?. thanks

The shift linkage may fit but if not you'll just need to modify the linkage alittle to get it to work. You should be able to use stock K-series axles, I'm not for sure on that but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. I don't think stage 2/3/4 axles will be necessary unless you're planning on making some big horsepower numbers.

Any K-series experts (Cal) feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Hey man, just go check out 7thgencivic.com. Quite a few people have done the swap, so they should be able to help you out. I know for a fact that it's gonna cost between $4500 and $5000 to complete the swap. Unless you can get the engine for cheaper...(right now the K20's go for about $3500).

You can use the axles from an EP Hatch. These ones will work but if you absolutely want to go with stronger ones I know that ENJO makes some along with mounts for these cars. Not sure on their pricing though.
For an exhaust, you should be able to use one from an RSX with slight modification. Not sure about EP hatch exhaust but pretty much anything from an RSX will fit.
I've done my research. I plan on doing the swap over winter.

Back