k20a or b18c experience?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2000 for type r? aint that a bit too cheap, even if it came off of a junk yard right, 2000 is for just the Engine or with tranny, etc

go for or what they are worth legit

go for off street 2000

legit w/ papers 4800 usd

k20 8500 legit too good luck;)

LMAO. IDIOT. Stop spreading false information. kthx.

:ban:

ps. videos are pointless, they dont prove shit. Too many variables. do you know EVERY SINGLE EXACT MOD ON THOSE CARS? NO. Didn't prove anything. Stop spamming useless bullshit. Have a nice day.

do a h22a n/a dude it like almost the same thing and much cheaper.

Aren't there reliability issues with H22's? also isn't it quite I tight squeeze into an EG? (EK would be better). I'm planning my swap for the long run so I think a b18C or K20a would be better in the long run.

not that i know of and yeah its a tight squeeze but you gotta go big or go home. i know it sounds nerdy but you can go so much faster for little money or less.

but then agian its all about what you want mine was just a sugggestion.

H22s has almost same Horses as Type R, Type R better shorter tranny though, H22 is heavier also, why not B18 it and call it a day, you got room also to do your turbos and what not.

Type Rs are so hard to get around here :(

Aren't there reliability issues with H22's? also isn't it quite I tight squeeze into an EG? (EK would be better). I'm planning my swap for the long run so I think a b18C or K20a would be better in the long run.

The motor itself is just about as reliable as any other Honda motor. The "reliabilty issues" I guess would come from trying to stuff a motor into a chassis that wasn't really built to accept it. The motor itself is a tight fit, and the tranny installation requires a little bit of customizing. As long as you do it right though (buy the appropriate mounts and tranny install kit, buy springs that are designed for the swap, etc.) you shouldn't really have a problem with it.

On the other hand though, the Civic chassis is a much better fit for a B18C, so that would probably my choice. A K20 will fit ok also, but like the H22, it's not exactly a bolt-in swap.

what about the k24 a1 or a4 crv/accord/element not tsx engine? They have 156-160hp, but more torque 166lbft and I would think a better torque/power band, or are they duds like the lame k20a3?

(On another note the k23a turbo would be sweet, 240hp 260lbft, good luck finding one of those;))

Back