K20a Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I dont know about that, but its much easier to lower than chassis over the motor. And check out Hasport. Theyve done just about any honda swap thats reasonable and wont cost too much.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 29 2003, 02:30 PM
1. Yes you can
2. That's questionable

:readfaq:
[post=100421]Quoted post[/post]​

CAN YOU SWAP AN 01 CIVIC EX ENGINE WITH A K20A2 IF THE CIVIC IS AUTOMATIC? IF SO HOW?

It's pretty easy and I'm in the middle of doing it myself (but I'm building a drag only race car).

• You remove your motor and trans
  • Remove passenger trans mount with spot weld drill bit
  • install new mounts (Hybrid-Racing or Hasport)
  • Lower fully assembled K20 in to engine bay (yes, it fits from above)
  • Bolt it in
  • Run the harness and such into the car and plug it into the ECU/K-Pro
  • Run the conversion harness for your car so that gauges and such work.
  • connect fuel lines, vaccum lines, etc...
  • Fill her up and give it a whirl.

That's a real general overivew. Check out K-Series.com and K20a.org for some good step by step info.

Steve

future ref for ya Ronthug, if you want to ask a questions search or simply make a new topic instead of replying to one thats quite old.

Thanks!

k20 swap go to hasport for the mounts go to club rsx or ep hatch you can get a k20 a3 or k24 for about 7-9 bills complet go to youtube and type in k20 civic or eg and their is a video step by step on doing the swap your self i am not spending no more that 2500 and that is car and motor

i am trying to do a k20a2 head with a k24 block in an eg but have no eg to put it in
YouTube - K20 civic hatch vs stock evo this could be you
how to do the swapYouTube - Top Setup 92 Civic EG K20 Engine Swap

Last edited:
Im looking to buy the conversion harness for the K20 into eg civic swap. but i cant find a website that sells it. can someone post a link that has it??

If i turbo a k20 (rsx type-s ) With a Greddy kit, how much horses will that bring to the wheel, and will a new suspension be needed??? please help!

Anyone know if you can do a K20 to a 96 accord ex... ya i know anything can be done but i am talking like 10,000 or under!

I've been thinking about putting in a K20/K24 in my 07 Shitvic. But it'll never happen, and it preactically just drops into mine.

To answer the question, It's possible, not worth it

Wow, this is a lucky thread. I think this is the third time it's been resurrected...

Anyone know if you can do a K20 to a 96 accord ex... ya i know anything can be done but i am talking like 10,000 or under!

Yes, you can. Hasport has the mounts you'll need. I'd go for a K24 Accord/Element/CR-V motor if you're looking to keep costs down. You can always upgrade to a K20 head later.

Back