k20A SWAP?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragonxking

I currently own a 00' EK and I'd like to swap in a k20 or h22 into it. If I do, do I sacrafice air conditioning or power steering?

Wild Question: Would it be possible to convert an EK to FR or 4WD? If so, how?

i dont know about fr or 4wd but i have a friend with an h22 in his ek and had to sacrifice the ac.

You can keep both AC and PS with an H22 swap in an 00 Civic- you just have to have all the right brackets. I'm not sure about the K20.... but it will be a bit more difficult than the H22 swap, that's for sure.

Don't try to convert your Civic to RWD or 4WD- it's not worth your time and money.

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 7 2004, 09:50 PM
You can keep both AC and PS with an H22 swap in an 00 Civic- you just have to have all the right brackets. I'm not sure about the K20.... but it will be a bit more difficult than the H22 swap, that's for sure.

Don't try to convert your Civic to RWD or 4WD- it's not worth your time and money.
[post=413569]Quoted post[/post]​

The H22 swap would be no problem. The K20 swap would be more expensive and a lot more work but I think it would be the better setup. You can keep both, a/c and ps. You might have to run some custom lines but it is possible. The best kit for the swap is the hasport kit. If your going to do it and use the hasport kit go ahead and use there axle kit also.

The other question about a 4wd civic is depending on how much money you want to spend. That is one of them anything is possible things but there is no kit or lay out on how too do it. It would be all custom and would cost you a good amount of money. I don't know of any but Im sure someone out there has dont it. In my opinion though it is not worth it and you want be happy with the outcome im sure.

I have seen RWD and 4WD conversions on Civics, but they're prohibitively expensive and honestly- you'd be better served buying a new RWD car like an S2000 instead of trying to build a RWD or 4WD car out of a Civic.

Back