??? k20a2 and eg hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilubmyEG

Hey guys been dormant a while, but back on the forums again, locally i have found a complete k20a2 out of a type s rsx that needs the rod bearings replaced (the seller says there was a knock before pulled) for 1500, is it worth it to buy this motor and put it in my ek hatch? or buy another hatch to put it in? I have about 4500 dollars currently in cash ready to be dealt with. Let me know what you guys think as far as getting it fully swapped into my ek 97 hatch?? And what opinions are and such thanks fellow honda brothas!

If it needs rod bearings, there's going to be more work involved than just slapping new bearings in it. You might have to machine the crank, possibly replace some of the rods, you might have to replace one or more pistons and re-hone the cylinders, might have to replace the oil pump if it got metal shavings in it, etc etc etc.

Just something to think about before you get a 'killer deal' on a motor that 'just needs rod bearings' that could easily turn out costing you more than just buying a good-running-condition longblock from the get-go.

If it needs rod bearings, there's going to be more work involved than just slapping new bearings in it. You might have to machine the crank, possibly replace some of the rods, you might have to replace one or more pistons and re-hone the cylinders, might have to replace the oil pump if it got metal shavings in it, etc etc etc.

Just something to think about before you get a 'killer deal' on a motor that 'just needs rod bearings' that could easily turn out costing you more than just buying a good-running-condition longblock from the get-go.

Hence my post ;) I didnt buy it yet, asked for opinions, which were well worth the 5 minutes it took to post. Thanks guys i was thinkin the same thing but would be sick if it was "just replace the rod bearings" to have a sick k20a2 :) Thanks fellas

Hence my post ;) I didnt buy it yet, asked for opinions, which were well worth the 5 minutes it took to post. Thanks guys i was thinkin the same thing but would be sick if it was "just replace the rod bearings" to have a sick k20a2 :) Thanks fellas

for the amount of money you have, you could build a great b-series. i would rather do that thyan pay for 1/2 of a k-swap.

I have a lot of projects that im currently working on, i have a full b18b1 swap, a 97 ek with a y7 bottom y8 top, and an awd wagovan that ill be putting a d16z6 into lol... gonna stick to what i got for now. and save more money till i find something better.

hey bro i have a k20 eg hatch and civicious is right you might have to change alot moer then bearings. But then again k series swaps are unique and i already beat a fully built ls vtec with my hatch. it all depends on wat you want i say doing a k series swap in great and so is so is fully building a b series you can also do a fully built turbo b series

Ask him if the transmission is still in perfect condition and try to buy that on the cheap, then find a different block to buy. You can also try to hit him up for the ECU.

yea you can look at my thread on the hybrid ek/ eg threads and my title is k20 civic eg there is pics on there or you can look at the gallery its on there to its a white hatch and it is showing the k20

Back