K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now thats a swap....

Good job man.....Thats my next step.....Im tired of these b series..

Good luck.... :worthy:

Im a BIG H-Series fan, but a K20 in an EG is just SICK!!!!

Keep the stuff comming, i gotta see time slips for this car.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 10 2005, 10:14 AM
Im a BIG H-Series fan, but a K20 in an EG is just SICK!!!!

Keep the stuff comming, i gotta see time slips for this car.
[post=523488]Quoted post[/post]​

H-series in a civic is sooo outdated. Instead of puting a engine that is alot heavier then a b-series with a shitty trans, you can put an engine that is half the weight as an h22 but the same power with TONS more room to grow. Unless you have an accord, h-series is a thing of the past.

As for the whole bumper thing, no I've never done it before, but its not hard to do. Its just urathane, so it cuts real easy.

Originally posted by henshinJDM@May 26 2005, 10:13 AM
up here in ohio...rust is like fighting the plaghe....its crazy....i found a mint 91 std with no rust....it was amazing to me to find a car with no rust

i agree, im in Northern Indiana and i have to buy cars from down south, the gs-r was from southern florida, and my car now is rust free, thankfully it was garaged its whole life!
[post=503865]Quoted post[/post]​

haha ya no rush? wow I never knew about that lol!!! im in northern indiana too lol--south bend

Looks awesome dude, keep updating us. I like it even better that your not one of those guys who are an asshole about everything! lol

Keep up the good work!!!

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Jul 10 2005, 11:50 AM
and for k-series ..... you suck .. i wish i had the money to do that shit .. what do you do for a living ??
[post=523556]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks! :)

I'm a web application developer for a public records database company in Boca Raton, FL.

Steve

Originally posted by INCNTRL4@Jul 10 2005, 12:00 PM
Looks awesome dude, keep updating us. I like it even better that your not one of those guys who are an asshole about everything! lol

Keep up the good work!!!
[post=523561]Quoted post[/post]​

Not an ass at all. Just want to share the overhaul of this car with everyone. ;)

Steve

Is this the car that there's a video of the stripping and install sped up to a Metallica song? Just asking because of the doors, they ground them out too, and I think the color was the same.

Originally posted by nismogod@Jul 10 2005, 07:52 PM
did you retain ac? if not, what belt did you switch to?
[post=523731]Quoted post[/post]​

Did not retain ac and I'm switching some pulleys around right now so I don't have a belt as of yet. I will post that when I get to it though.

Steve

Originally posted by e jay one@Jul 10 2005, 08:09 PM
how did you prep the bay for paint?
[post=523735]Quoted post[/post]​

Drill and a wire wheel and cup to scuff the paint and remove dirt and grime. Engine degreaser, rinsed. Scotch brite pad and Simple Green, rinsed and then dried.

Then apply a few coats of Rustoleum Flat Black.

Steve

I painted my engine bay on my 97 civic when I did my swap, and all I used was a couple cans of carb cleaner. (It took most of the paint off...) Then painted it with rustoleum flat black. It hasn't chipped yet.

More updates, gutted the passenger door:

door2.jpg

Fabbed up the latch release, needs some fine tuning and finished edges on the handle and hole in the door.

door-rel1.jpg

door-rel2.jpg

Steve

Started to assemble my brakes...

egbrake1.jpg

Hopefully will have them installed today.

Steve

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jul 24 2005, 12:43 PM
Awesome. Why DRAG brakes? Are those lighter duty? Are you just going to drag this?
[post=530416]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, if you read through the thread you would have seen that it's a drag only track car. :)

Steve

Back