k20a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philscott35

okay so I'm looking online to find a complete swap package for a k20a2 going into a 2001 honda civic DX, I was going to go k20 but from the research I've done it says that k20a2 is better for a turbo setup which I plan on doing somewhere in the near future.

I've looked for lists online showing all the parts needed but I keep finding different lists. I want the car to have AC and Power steering and I'm really hoping to find a complete package online so I can just have it sent to the shop that has my car right now (they are installing the swap.)

Anyone know where the best place to find this is?

Check out
Hybrid-Racing.com
K-Tuned.com
Karcepts.com

These are the places I bought most of my k-swap parts from. They have great tech support and have helped me a lot. I know Hybrid Racing has A/C kits for 92-00 civics and 94-01 Integras but they do not make any PS or AC kits for you car.

You need to check out k20a.org and look for swaps that are specific to your chassis. If the shop you are taking it to isn't Honda Swap Smart.......take it somewhere else or educate yourself a lot more.

And I don't know where you heard the K20A2 was best for a turbo.....there are way too many factors to a turbo (PSI, Turbine size, revs, etc) so the stuff you read or heard could be disputed so easily.

I got a question about k20a2 actually, im thinking to put it inside my 01 civic EX coupe and ive had some ppl also to think about putting the k20a3 in there. I did a little bit of research and due to my limited knowledge about engines I have come to understand that the k20a2 body is good to have but then swap out the a3 head onto there. Would this be a good idea? Something about cams and intake valves differ the most between teh a2 and a3.

K20A3 is the base model. It is 160hp
K20A2 is the Type S model. It is roughly 200hp

The K20A2 is a much better motor out of the box. Its a better motor when modified too. Its just better.

Some guys will make VTEC Killer set ups with K20A3 rocker assemblies but we are getting into some serious stuff for your education (and mine for that matter). Some guys (like Stefan at ASP) have made over 300whp with all motor K24 set ups that are similar.

But in terms of a basic stock motor going into your Civic....the K20A2 is much better. It also swaps in easier than other 'good' K-series engines.

Other high output K-Series engines:

K20Z1 (05-06 Type S)
K20Z3 (06-10 Civic Si)
K24A2 (04-05 TSX)
K24A2 (06-08 TSX) <--- best TSX motor

Okay so I found this swap for sale. I'm trying to figure out what other parts I will need to make it complete to put in my 2001 honda civic dx coupe.

Head:
k20a2 w/rbc with hondata intake mani. gasket and hybrid racing throttle bodie gaskets w/ktuned adapter plate.
RBC is cut and smoothed out so it doesn't have those bolt mounting ears for the cover.
K-Tuned TPS and karcepts IAC block off plate.
K-Tuned coolant plug
K-Tuned full race headers
K-Tuned fuel rail w/center feed line
K-Tuned fuel pressure regulator with fuel line tuck set up.
k20z3 cams
supertech titanium retainers
supertech dual valve springs
supertech flat bottom valves
supertech bronze valve guides
brand new seals and machined head
Arp head studs
Mugen Thin Head Gasket.

Block:
Stock block
K-Tuned thermostat
Brand new starter
K-Tuned alt. relocation with new belt.

Transmission:
k20a2 trans w/phantom grip
Lightweight flywheel and comp. stage 4 clutch.
K-Ttuned shifter mounting kit with box and cables
Hybrid racing shifter bushings
Axles
hasport eg/dc mounts and mishimoto radiator with hoses

v5ijrm.jpg

Let me kno how it goes man ive got the exact same car as u do an was wondering how much the swap was an if u were or are able to keep ur a/c and power steering.

Mounts (those that he has will not work)
ECU (w/K-pro)
Axles (you need to find out if the ones he has will work)
Radiator re-locator (not sure about your chassis but most need this)
Clutch line
Header
Intake
Exhaust

This swap is a buffet of parts. It would NOT be smart to think you can get away with a stock virgin ECU with an immobilzer bypass.....it needs K-Pro

Also.....modified swaps could mean it was rode hard and put away wet :shrug2: buyer beware

What's the reason of swapping k's? You must have massive amount of money to throw away. My advice If you don't know "how to" then its not adviceable, not unless your pocket is deep.

K-pro for tuning is a must and there not cheap.

GSR-B16 are right around the corner and they are proven to hold 350hp with stock internally when properlly tune.

Back