k20a3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chgreenfrog

i found a k20a3 for sale for 1500 dollars.....and i have a acura integra gsr
sitting in my driveway......sound like a good deal

do it!! go for it the only thing you would need is the mounts. The ad is right those motors go for just about 4 times that.

well i barley have enough for the motor and i was talking with a guy and he saide a shop would be just about 4500 in just labor and i would need wiring harness and mounts and drive shafts and prolly a bunch of shit

Lol, swap it yourself :D. Shops charge WAY too much for labor.

And yea you'll need the axels, probably new linkage from that civic, fabrication to the frame maybe, ecu for the motor, tranny, and well yea if you barely have enough for the motor I wouldn't do it.

It means keep the GSR :).

By the way I'd suggest the same thing I suggested to another guy who found a GSR motor for $100... told him to be a hustler and buy it and clean it up, paint valve cover, sell it to someone on here for $300+ :D.

Hustle it...get that k20a3 motor for $1500, clean it up, and you should be able to get at LEAST $3000 for it :D.

This motor is really NOT that good of a deal. You're looking at $1,500 for the swap, plus $4,500 for labor plus mounts, axles, wiring, ECU, etc. You're probably looking at around 7-8k before this is all done, and that's just insane when you realize that motor makes LESS horsepower than your GS-R already does.

Not all K-series motors are created equal. The 02-05 Si/RSX base motor and all the Accord/Element/CR-V motors have a dumbed-down version of the i-VTEC, and they don't make nearly as much horsepower as say the RSX S, TSX, etc. You can swap a better head onto it to make more power, but that's even more money on top of everything else.

You could have a helluva fast B18C or H22 for that much money...this is totally not worth it in my opinion...

Back