k20r full swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

alright i want to do a k20a-r with ITB set-up into an ek chassis and i wanted some help as to what will be needed.

engine
tranny
ecu(stock jdm ecu?)
wiring harness(?)
shift linkage(will itr linkage fit ek?)
axles (will honda OEM axles work or will i have to go aftermarket?)
engine/tranny mounts
ITB's
injectors/rail(?)

that's all i can think of right now because i'm about to pass out i'm soo tired. is there anything i'm missing?i'm guessing there is.what kind of money am i looking to spend if i have a shop do the work? i'm making this my daily driver so i want to do it right the first time.any help would be appreciated. thnx

Price wise your looking very roughly into the 8000 - 10000 Dollar range. Its going to be expensive

Im not being a dick but instead of just looking at what someone else has you might want to read up on the swap. If you had of read then you would know that you need some type of engine management like k pro, k series has shift cables not linkage, and the list goes on. ITB's are very hard to tune and take a good amount of money to do properly.

Re think this , do some research then go for it.

Quoted post[/post]]

engine & tranny $5 to 6k
ecu(stock jdm ecu?) Hondata K-Pro - $900 + ECU
wiring harness Hybrid-Racing - $325
shift linkage(will itr linkage fit ek?) Shifter cables from the ITR/RSX & Shifter box
axles (will honda OEM axles work or will i have to go aftermarket?) You can make your own axles with RSX inners and a few different OEM outers, google loves you
engine/tranny mounts [Hybrid-Racing or Hasport[/b]
ITB's TWM or Hayward - $2000
injectors/rail(?) AEM or Eagle and RC injectors

I added prices and info above but you'll also need custom header/exhaust (I like SSR for a header), fuel lines, clutch cable and intake.

For a K20a & ITB combo...get ready to spend $12k+. I'd suggest doing a K20a2 swap with ITBs and save your $. K20a is for JDM whores IMO.

Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

engine & tranny $5 to 6k
ecu(stock jdm ecu?) Hondata K-Pro - $900 + ECU
wiring harness Hybrid-Racing - $325
shift linkage(will itr linkage fit ek?) Shifter cables from the ITR/RSX & Shifter box
axles (will honda OEM axles work or will i have to go aftermarket?) You can make your own axles with RSX inners and a few different OEM outers, google loves you
engine/tranny mounts [Hybrid-Racing or Hasport[/b]
ITB's TWM or Hayward - $2000
injectors/rail(?) AEM or Eagle and RC injectors

I added prices and info above but you'll also need custom header/exhaust (I like SSR for a header), fuel lines, clutch cable and intake.

For a K20a & ITB combo...get ready to spend $12k+. I'd suggest doing a K20a2 swap with ITBs and save your $. K20a is for JDM whores IMO.

Steve

If you listen to anyone it should be this guy!

Great buildup on h-t Steve.

naw no1 came off as a dick. i posted for your opinoins and that's what i got. thnx for responding.i'll be in japan for 3 years beginning march 2nd so i'm going to look for as much of those parts in japan.i just wanted a list of what is all needed so i have a heads up when i get there. well i guess i was right on what is all needed then ? thnx again

Back