K20Z3 EG build Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jschultz22

hi im new to this thread and wasnt sure if this would be the best place to post this or not so go easy on me.

Ok so yesterday i bought a K20Z3 swap out of an 08 civic si. I got the engine and tranny, ecu, axles, engine harness, shift linkage, cluster and can get the harness out of the car if needed. Im looking to put this in an EG and need some input. I would like to use what i already have if i can. Im aware i will need an RSX throttle body and cable setup because the Z3 is drive by wire. Im also aware most k sereies swaps require the tunnel on eg to be cut/modified, yes hyrbid offers a setup where i would not need to do this but anyways...

Can i use the factory si shift linakge and make that work?
will the harness' out of the si be of any use to me or will i need k pro etc?
will i need an RSX ecu if i swap the throttle body or what?
What else might i need?

any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys

The stuff below is based on my research of a Z3 swap. I didnt do it (went Type R instead) but this is what I remember:

Cannot use the ECU.....period. A K20A2 ECU (PRB-A01 works) but you'll need a immobilizer delete. K-Pro is best though (or AEM). You regret it otherwise (I do lol)

Modifications need to be done for trans to work. Most guys put a k20a2 shifter mechanism on it (but Hybrd Racing sells a shift box to take care of it). Don't think the shifter box works either. Others work but I'm positive a k20a2 box works great (in my chassis right now)

You need a k20a2 engine harness and a few of it's sensors.

You can get away with RSX Base Axles with the inner joints swapped (OEM not aftermarket)

Google around and you'll find tons of great info.

Hybrid Racing has the best customer service in the K-world (IMO the entire import scene). They are seriously top notch great people. They totally stand by their product and take care of their customers.

Good luck, man. It's not too crazy of a journey. Be patient.

First off thank you for the reply and in depth response you've helped me with a few things and I will definitely do my research was just wondering if anyone could speak from experience like yourself and yes I saw lots of stuff about k20a2 trannys etc along with rsx parts, ecu, throttle body but just wanna try and get together a parts list and figure out expenses and if it's the route I wanna go yanno

Back