K24 Block On K20 Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7thgen01

i have an 01 civic coupe. i was looking at the possible swaps for my car and was wondering, would a k24 block off of a new CRV with a new k20 Si head, or type r head work? and would it be comparable to the B20/Vtec swap?

comparable, not remotely. but its the same concept. and FYI, you use a HEAD on a BLOCK. not a block on a head.
and the k-series is easier, as the k24 is a DOHC iVTEC motor already... no oil lines to run.

i hear piston speed is a real problem if you go this route because of the huge stroke of the K24... build it bulletproof it may work

get a b-series. the a k-series would be a bitch and a half of a swap.

Originally posted by 7thgen01@May 11 2003, 03:20 PM
B series wont work in 7th gen...

since when? it won't work in the Si, but it will work a hell of a lot easier than a k-series an any other '01 civic.

I saw the CR/iVtec done on a site a while back and it laid down some power i think it was done in a RSX. I think it put 260 to the wheels with simple bolt ons, I will try and find the site again... it would not be a super cheap swap, but it would haul some serious ass...

I am actualy going to do a head swap from a type S head (k20a2) onto and into a TSX (k24).
There are a few mods that need to be done to the block itself like rerouting the coolent line so it doesn't leek. But, basically the process is going to be drawn out and complicated thanks to Honda designing the K series so complicated. To get the head off is going to take a few hours just to get off the block that's on one end. You have do it to both ends. That's where price becomes an issue because labor is gonna add up quickly. You are probably better of using a bseries to do something like a frankenstien setup like this, I'm just a little to passionate about the Kseries my self. Then there is the issue of the K motor mounting. The b series can just go into the engine bay. The Kseries has an engine bay attached to it that goes into a car, complicate complicate complicated. Study up on the K series then think about the head swap.

Originally posted by CL7_PHASE@Nov 6 2004, 01:46 PM
I am actualy going to do a head swap from a type S head (k20a2) onto and into a TSX (k24).
There are a few mods that need to be done to the block itself like rerouting the coolent line so it doesn't leek. But, basically the process is going to be drawn out and complicated thanks to Honda designing the K series so complicated. To get the head off is going to take a few hours just to get off the block that's on one end. You have do it to both ends. That's where price becomes an issue because labor is gonna add up quickly. You are probably better of using a bseries to do something like a frankenstien setup like this, I'm just a little to passionate about the Kseries my self. Then there is the issue of the K motor mounting. The b series can just go into the engine bay. The Kseries has an engine bay attached to it that goes into a car, complicate complicate complicated. Study up on the K series then think about the head swap.
[post=413081]Quoted post[/post]​

Just to add a note you're probably better off doing a K20a (type R) swap then going through the truble of finding a shop good enough with the K series to do such a thing. So far the only ones that even tried this kind of swap are the big dogs like SKunk2 and Honda Speed

There are many of shops that have done k series swaps. And reputable ones also. There are a couple of vids on here some that i posted with cars with k series swaps in them. All in all just a k20a2 swap look to spend almost 8 grand to do it yourself. But it is worth it if you want a light motor with more potential than the b series. But i still love the b dont get me wrong :D

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 6 2004, 02:38 PM
There are many of shops that have done k series swaps. And reputable ones also. There are a couple of vids on here some that i posted with cars with k series swaps in them. All in all just a k20a2 swap look to spend almost 8 grand to do it yourself. But it is worth it if you want a light motor with more potential than the b series. But i still love the b dont get me wrong :D
[post=413096]Quoted post[/post]​

I was actually talking about the head swap. A couple of my buddies have k series swaps right now that they had done at their shops. I would also like to add that 8 grand for a k20a2 swap is exactlly right even in a shop, and it'll run you 10 and up for a K20a (type-r). Still the B series is the easiest engine to swap right now just because the K is still in the newer end one day it will be just as popular.

there is a guy that did a swap like that the dude has some work done to it if you want me to i'll get in touch with him so he can tell you what you gonna need to do the swap he did a K24 with a K20a2 head he has ITB's on it and some more bs done to it here is a video of him driving it .......the LINK: http://media.putfile.com/ttt54 ........of you ask me its worth evry penny for it ......y'all let me know if you like the video

Back