K24 into '99 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KpoweredeK

Yo wazzup this is chino, very soon i will be swapin' my B16 for a more powerful K24a2 with a K20a2 head. Main reason for swap, the potencial for a lot more power than a B-series motor will ever have. Im postin' this up mainly so that i can get some feedbacks from who have done any K-series swap about problems that they have run into or little tricks that might make the swap easier, so any comments are welcome.

Right now all i have in my hands as of parts and things needed for swap is the K24 from a '04 TSX, the K20 Head, intake manifold and throttle body all from an '05 RSX Type S, Type S Exedy cluth an flywheel, an extra B-series harness for the wiring convertion. Im currently waiting for my k-series harness to come (been waitin' for it about 2 weeks now) so that i can send both harness out to Hasport for the converion, the Type S ECU im buying from my friend, so i kinda have that. Will be buying a JDM DC5 integra Type R tranny w/ LSD in about a month from now. The Hasport stuff (ex. mounts, axles, etc) i will order after i get the tranny. DC sports hybrid headers, fuel pressure regulator, etc, will be order from Hasport together with the mounts and axles. As for the shifter I will use a Type S shifter box along with the Karcepts kit.

This swap will be done between me and my good friend ramon his las swap was a B16 into a 1500 civic hatch wich use to be automatic, now manual tranny. Hard swap since everything was totally custom since there aren't any kits for that civic, so this swap should be relatively easy since Hasport has everything made for it.

Things i got as of now.

The star of the show or should i say the "heart transplant patient"
IMAG0003.jpg

The K24a2 from an '04 TSX
IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

The K20a2 head from an '05 RSX type s
IMAG0016.jpg

Manifold and throttle body from '05 RSX type s
IMAG0014.jpg

RSX type s engine harness for wiring convertion
CIMG0409.jpg

good luck with the swap. post some pics when you get the chance.

Tryed posting pictures but i dont really now how to since since im new here, it kept saying "Sorry, dynamic pages in the

host the pics at photobucket.com (its free).. then just copy the

Looks pretty sweet dude. *Bookmark*
Not to veer off topic but what headlights are those?

yeah they are CTR, and yeah those are S2K seat thanx for the props, heres a pic of the interior enjoy:

SIPics6.jpg

Last edited:
good luck that coupe is gonna rock, looks good already btw

UPDATE

Just got the starter, alternator, p/s pump, a/c compressor, ignintion coils, harness and the right mount bracket part# 11910-PPA-000. everything's intalled except a/c.

here are some pics:

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Update

Got my RBC manifold, hasport ekk1 mounts, axles, PRB ecu not k-pro yet, exedy clucth and flywheel.
here are some pics, no pics of the axles and mounts because im still waiting for them i should have them in my hands next week. will post pics when i have them in my hands.

my intalled RBC manifold
IMAG0015.jpg

Clutch
IMAG0015-1.jpg

Type S ecu
IMAG0027.jpg

Looking good bro. Looks like you got your swap going together in a very streamlined fashion. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
you have too much money to throw at your civic lol. thats easily a 8k swap, unless you got hooked up on prices, and ifyou did.. :thumbsup:

have you seen how much ground clearance your k24 oil pan is going to have? It makes me shiver. Ive read on K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum (im sure youve been there), that there are way better choices out there than the below average dc sports header, just fyi.

one other thing, how much work was it to get that s2000 wheel in there?

nice car mang!!

ill buy your starter and alternator from your b16 .... pm me

Back