K24/K20 hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Both of the motors you are asking about were featured in Honda Tuning a few issues ago if memory serves. I don't like the idea of having to change to the K-series either- but it's a no brainer...the engine design is far superior. I have a customer that wants to build a K Frank for his new Si. I can't wait. 240whp...gimmie,gimmie.

on average how much would it cost to do this project?

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 14 2004, 02:46 PM
negative..... do some reasearch and you will find that there is a stroker kit that will stroke to 2.7 liters and yes you do need a new hood. And dont tell me that i got told or whatever and dont fucking tell me that its impossible nothing is impossible..... it may take work but that doesn't mean that it isn't possible. I just dont like motors that don't make trq ie k20a imo the rsx is a piece of shit, its the same speed as a b series itr

Link me. Please. If there really is one out there that includes a deck plate and everything, I want to see it.

And... of course nothing is impossible. Get your head out of your ass you little shit! If you're talking about torque, the K blocks have MUCH better torque curves than the B blocks. It's not all about the peak torque numbers- take a look at the way the torque curve looks.

K > B.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hondatuning did an article called "Krystal Klear" with an all motor RSX-S with 263 hp and a blown Si with the K24 block and K20A2 head which made 293 hp and 230 lb-ft of trq. :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked:

Check it out, November 2003 issue.

It's called progress, the b-series is a thing of the past; Hytech is selling a motor package for the k-series about 6500 bucks, that puts down 275 hp and 230 lbs of tourque to the wheels, yes, all-motor... istons and rods, complete valve train, cams, intake and exhaust systems, head work, fuel management[tuning], labor, etc). You have to have the motor already.

i was just curious since were on the topic on k series...the new civics have the shift on the dash where as the rsx has it on the floor like normal...is there any difference in the shift linkage if u were to swap motors?

It's just not worth it yet. Not until more people start totalling their RSX's. The price of a 2001+ civic and $6,500 more for the swap... :thumbsdown:

ok here the question now ??on a build up what kind of power will it be putting down on the k motor, will it be the same or can they handle more then the b motors????????????? :ph34r:

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jan 12 2004, 06:42 PM
has anyone seen the k24 block with a k20 head? I was at a friends shop and they have plans to test it out cause they heard it from somewhere. They also said it was good for like 240whp NA. anyone have a clue on this.

Accord 2.4L block w/ RSX 2.0 Head= New LS/VTEC-esque engine?

It's no longer LSVTEC you dont do any VTEC conversion the engine is already VTEC. K24 comes in the TSX too with 200hp, the Vtec in the crv is more for gas mileage, and the TSX is high performance VTEC 2 intake valves are open during normal driving, CRV VTEC on one is, so you have to change the head and ECU.
And they both have different compression ratios.

K24 is lighter than b-series also. TSX k24 : 200 hp Compression ratio :10.5:1
CR-V K24 : 162 hp CR: 9.6:1

Originally posted by civicext@Jan 27 2004, 04:36 AM
ok here the question now ??on a build up what kind of power will it be putting down on the k motor, will it be the same or can they handle more then the b motors????????????? :ph34r:

K-series motor ass rape the H and the B-series.

Originally posted by 22crazy@Jan 20 2004, 12:19 AM
i was just curious since were on the topic on k series...the new civics have the shift on the dash where as the rsx has it on the floor like normal...is there any difference in the shift linkage if u were to swap motors?

They use cable shifters like the H22, but work 100 times better. You need the RSX shifter.

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 13 2004, 07:44 PM
its not over for it yet i dont think be series will ever go away imo it can only get better, as k series gets cheaper then b series will get even cheaper i mean has anyone successfully gotten a bored and stroked b series to work i mean you can make them 2.7 liters

You can't make a b-series 2.7 liters. 2.1 is tops. If it is 2.7 its a CnC (computer numerical control) machine block B-series replica. Like Bob norwood did but everything was custom rods crank EVERYTHING.
http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=544

Originally posted by scottp11@Jan 20 2004, 10:14 PM
It's just not worth it yet. Not until more people start totalling their RSX's. The price of a 2001+ civic and $6,500 more for the swap... :thumbsdown:

RSX came out in 2002 there are tons wrecked.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 14 2004, 05:41 PM
man, you just don't know wtf you're talking about, funny stuff to read though. :lol:

back on topic,
i heard of people using just the K24 block and using K20 crank and head... making the K24 like a 2.3L?? i guess this gives better r/s ratio and piston speed.

Where did you heard of them using the crank? That cant be possible.They use K20 sport heads like the type R and the type S they cant use the crank as far as I know. they use the Different head cause if they got it off a TSX : they TSX has a drive by wire system which the ECU controls the throttle (so you have to change the head and throttle body, and the other head CRV- not made for performance VTEC works differently on the CRV.

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 15 2004, 06:21 PM
ok so your sayin that itr is slower then rsx type s

I'm saying US-ITR wont smoke the RSX-S
RSX-S : 14.8 sec
Integra type R : 14.8 sec
ITR has less HP and torque, but power to wieght has a little something to do here.
And dont even say the JDM old type R new R will spank it..

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 27 2004, 04:13 AM-->
@Jan 14 2004, 05:41 PM
man, you just don't know wtf you're talking about, funny stuff to read though. :lol:

back on topic,
i heard of people using just the K24 block and using K20 crank and head... making the K24 like a 2.3L??  i guess this gives better r/s ratio and piston speed.

Where did you heard of them using the crank? That cant be possible.They use K20 sport heads like the type R and the type S they cant use the crank as far as I know. they use the Different head cause if they got it off a TSX : they TSX has a drive by wire system which the ECU controls the throttle (so you have to change the head and throttle body, and the other head CRV- not made for performance VTEC works differently on the CRV.

why would it be so impossible, isn't the K24 block just a taller decked version of the K20?

That 6500 dollar price tag is for the engine package ( balanced crank, forged pistons and rods, complete valve train, cams, intake and exhaust systems, head work, fuel management[tuning], labor, etc). You have to have the motor already. I agree with you, it's to expensive to swap in a stock k series to then have to upgrade; I think it's more worth while if you already have a rsx paid off. But the numbers the package is making are insane, over 270 and 220 whp and lbs of tourque respectively.

Originally posted by B16+Jan 27 2004, 10:58 AM-->
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 27 2004, 04:13 AM
B16

back on topic,
i heard of people using just the K24 block and using K20 crank and head... making the K24 like a 2.3L??  i guess this gives better r/s ratio and piston speed.

why would it be so impossible, isn't the K24 block just a taller decked version of the K20?

if that were true then by putting the k20 crank in the k24, you would only have 2.0l not 2.3. does anyone have real facts about the 2 motors? bore x stroke?

Originally posted by B16+Jan 27 2004, 10:58 AM-->
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 27 2004, 04:13 AM
B16

back on topic,

Yes a little bit.

Back