K24/K20 hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by sleeperls93@Jan 27 2004, 05:38 PM
That 6500 dollar price tag is for the engine package ( balanced crank, forged pistons and rods, complete valve train, cams, intake and exhaust systems, head work, fuel management[tuning], labor, etc). You have to have the motor already. I agree with you, it's to expensive to swap in a stock k series to then have to upgrade; I think it's more worth while if you already have a rsx paid off. But the numbers the package is making are insane, over 270 and 220 whp and lbs of tourque respectively.

Stop complaining wait for the price to go down, I respect that price anyway. There isn't much out for the K-series anyway.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 27 2004, 03:08 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Jan 27 2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 27 2004, 04:13 AM
B16
@Jan 14 2004, 05:41 PM
man, you just don't know wtf you're talking about, funny stuff to read though. :lol:

back on topic,
i heard of people using just the K24 block and using K20 crank and head... making the K24 like a 2.3L??  i guess this gives better r/s ratio and piston speed.

Where did you heard of them using the crank? That cant be possible.They use K20 sport heads like the type R and the type S they cant use the crank as far as I know. they use the Different head cause if they got it off a TSX : they TSX has a drive by wire system which the ECU controls the throttle (so you have to change the head and throttle body, and the other head CRV- not made for performance VTEC works differently on the CRV.

why would it be so impossible, isn't the K24 block just a taller decked version of the K20?

Yes a little bit.

i almost thought you knew what you were talking about, nevermind then

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 27 2004, 05:54 PM
if that were true then by putting the k20 crank in the k24, you would only have 2.0l not 2.3. does anyone have real facts about the 2 motors? bore x stroke?

Okay I'm gonna make a guess and its probably right.
I'm sure sinces its in the k-series, the crank will go in the K24.
RSX A3 and A2 engines Bore and Stroke :3.38 X 3.38
K24 TSX : 3.43 X 3.90

LOL convert it then. You a smart person... I would'nt change the Crank anyway, it's fine, only if you got it from the TSX.
That bore and stroke up there is in inches.
11.0:1 type S
10.5:1 TSX
9.6:1 CR-V compression ratios

Originally posted by B16@Jan 27 2004, 06:22 PM

K24 deck is slightly higher, I'm talking to Brian gill. from Hasport that where I'm getting my info from. I dont thinks its possible...
The Type S bore and stroke is 85mm x 85mm, I dont think it would go on. And plus the K24 crank can handle it (from the TSX). Ill find out for you.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 27 2004, 06:25 PM-->
@Jan 27 2004, 06:22 PM

K24 deck is slightly higher, I'm talking to Brian gill. from Hasport that where I'm getting my info from. I dont thinks its possible...
The Type S bore and stroke is 85mm x 85mm, I dont think it would go on. And plus the K24 crank can handle it (from the TSX). Ill find out for you.

please do find out, because from what i've read on honda-tech people are doing this and getting great results.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 27 2004, 10:42 PM

Please do find out, because from what i've read on honda-tech people are doing this and getting great results.

B16 good news the crank will fit, but it will have a displacement of just over 2 liters, but I rather 2.4 liter thats how im gonna go. Easy torque easy horsepower, and kill unsuspecting V8's with this new breed of honda.

CR-V K24A1 : not built for peformance
TSX K24A2: built for performance

JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT You need to relax, you werent in this conversation, and you didnt prove anything, and you dont know nothing bout the K.

Calesta I'm not arguing and im not making that up. I first saw the engine specs on MSN take a look at bore close to the bottom.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_eng...d=11039&src=src

3.39 inch bore they probably made a mistake, on the RSX page is 3.38, I should have asked brian first of all.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Jan 28 2004, 11:43 PM
Calesta I'm not arguing and im not making that up. I first saw the engine specs on MSN take a look at bore close to the bottom.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_eng...d=11039&src=src

No big deal. :) Just so long as we get the correct information out there.

I had completely forgotten that MSN Autos had specific engine specs. I guess I'm never looking up newer cars, and the older ones don't have as much information in their database. I always prefer to look up information from official sources first anyway... if it's available.

Im wondering if it would be better to just get the TSX engine or do the k24/k20 thing?

Also would a K-series engine fit into any pre-K engine bays? like the sol?

oh and one more, Anything good about the j30?

The K24 in the TSX and the K20A2 in the RSX-S put out the same amount of horsepower... but more torque in the K24. Since the displacement in the K24 is higher, most of the gains have to be in the head. You tell me if it's worth it to swap the head...

:lol:

There are already quite a few 5th and 6th gen Civics running around with K blocks in them. I'm sure you could cram one into your Sol.

The J block has quite a bit of potential, but not too many people have done anything about it until now- from 2000 and before, it was only available hooked up to an automatic and a big heavy Accord. That doesn't exactly say "hotbed for aftermarket" to the tuner companies out there.

Back