K24/K20 hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

He means Brian Gillespie from Hasport. But, he's too dumb to realize that the Hondaswap admin's name is also Brian and thus doesn't differentiate accordingly.

Oh- that Brian. Yeah. HASport makes great engine mount kits, but they're not the "end all be all" authority for engine builds... nobody is.

Sol Pwr had a good question though...... tsx k42 versus a k24/k20 hybrid? Which would be a better option to look into and why?

Leave the poor guy alone, he knows more K-series than all of you, but so do I.

Things you need to know. TSX has throttle by wire which means the TSX has a system where the ECU controls the throttle. Thats why people who have the the K-24 swap have to switch the heads, and also because the EGR porting is cast into the head and intake manifold so it's pretty integrated. You can make a block off plate for the EGR porting but it gets expensive on an already expensive engine.
So just buy a head for an A2 or type R Cylinder head.

Don't try it in your Del-sol, hasen't been done yet.
Hasport used to sell engines before they did mount kits.

does the element use the k24? could this be done on that? looking at elements to buy and could use some more power but I dont want to have a 3" exhaust intake ...

I had a fully built b18 motor. I spent $8000 on builging it and it made only 190 to the wheels. I think that there were other things that I could have done the motor to bump the hp . up to the 210 range. I could've done an ITB and a stand alone bigger injectors and some slicks. The best I could have hoped for out of this motor was a low 12 second run after spending all of that money and the additional work that needed to be done. I have heard of fully built b series type r motors pushing 250 to the wheels. Don't get me wrong I believe in the b series motors and have alot of respect for them
I also trust honda and their R&D department. Honda has always been about improving their motors and moving .

I traded My fully built gsr motor for a b16 that I'm dropping into a CRX and $1500 dollars to buy the cams for my hybrid motor thats getting dropped into my eg hatchback. I bought a k20 type R swap for 6000, a CRV k24 motor for $600. THe head on the crv motor only has an intake cam that activates VTEC.

I will be keeping the k20 type r block because I'm questioning the reliability of the k24. I read in some magazine that there was a weekness in the berrings, similar to the h22. I also was advized that at 300 hp the block is more unstable and succeptible to damagind something or breaking down some how.

I need to make a decision to drop 13:1 compression pistons and carrillo rods into the k24 block, or run the block stock with the type r head and tranny.
If what you guys are saying is true and I can predict making at least 280 hp to the wheel, N/A safely.
Then I'm looking at 1900 lbs and producing 285 and running a 10:96. Then I'll concentrate more on reducing the weight of the car then on building the block. Well, I will see what the numbers produce.
I sure miss my GSR motor but I'm sure I'll forget all about it once I start driving the Frankenstein hybrid beast at the tracks. I'll keep you posted

K20 Type R Head
Toda Racing cams and springs
superteck retainers
K24 Block CRV
Type R tranny
ACT Heavy duty clutch stage 3
DTR Headers
K pro programming

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
god this post is old and 8000 dollars for 190 whp?!?!? wtf for that much you could have easily had 400+ whp

yeah sopmethings sounds wrong with tho's numbers? lol

The numbers are real. 400 + hp, definitely turbo, but I'd like to see what people say when I run high 10's low 11's N/A against boosted cars. I got the GSR motor built last summer. Yes with those 8 g's I could have a fully sleaved fully built k24 bullet proof block pushing 300 + hp. I really am missing an ITB on this build.

This weekend a hatch with a k24 bottom type s head, and kpro. ran a 11.7 on slicks. Stock internals and boltons.
I'm replacing the bearings on mine and going with a higher compression piston to make more HP. With a type R head and the toda engine kit. DTR headers, I'm atleast hoping for 280 hp to the wheel safely. with this hybrid set up...

Back