kaboom

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

im asking this for a friend, his car made a loud booom noise and his car sort of stopped imediately. he thought it was a connecting rod or piston; but motor was fine. now the car doesnt move unless you hold the clutch in. this happend with 2000-3000rpm clutch drop. i was thinking the clutch exploded but we want to make sure. anyone know or have the save problem? its a EG hatch with usdm ITR motor and JDM lsd transmission(the transmission blew before but was completely rebuilt and the lsd blew so now a open diff sits in its place). thanks

so even if the gear shift is in the neutral position the car still won;t move?

if thats the case then i think its your trans

i dont know, but he said if you put it in neutral and let off the clutch the car will die.

what can go wrong in the transmission?
he says it feels like the clutch is always engaged, also said that the pressure plate was a little rusted when he finally had his transmission rebuilt.

doesn;t matter if the clutch is always engaged or not...

if the shifter is in the neutral position, then it should spin free inside the tranny, as in not stall when you let the clutch out...

if the trans is not in neutral when the shifter is then its a trans problem

the clutch or pressure plate could be fucked as well, but these will not affect the car not being able to be in neutral...

problem is inside the trans, sounds like it wasn;t rebuilt properly, or maybe it was and he just beat the shit out of it again...

and if the car stalls when you let the clutch out i would say that thats a good indication the clutch is doing its job and something broke in the trans...

tell your friend good job, he just wasted $$$

EDIT:
what can go wrong in the transmission?

anything and everything, too many moving parts to break

that happened to me before , its the tranny

Back