Kaiten Karui Flywheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Anyone have any experience with them?

HT thread

Option auto

Reasons why i have looked at this one is that it's a one-piece chromoly flywheel, so relibility over the long hual is better then aluminum. Also, they are resurfacable. Also, the price is pretty good.

they look nice. i like chromoly for a flywheel way better than alluminum, and for that price, cant be too bad. does anyone here have one of theese installed right now? i also want to hear if its good or not.

i got one.. its light REAL light...i bought it because it was lighter than all this big name brands plus cheaper and resurfaceable

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Nov 12 2003, 05:09 PM
i got one.. its light REAL light...i bought it because it was lighter than all this big name brands plus cheaper and resurfaceable

What do you think about it? Have any problems so far?

b16, I also have no clue how to say it. Kay-ten Car-ui?

try some other forums and see what the responses are, new companies are always coming out and some are worth trying their product line.

They look like Jun Flywheels. I wonder if they are the same company. You know Japan likes to rebadge there products.

Thread kinda back from the dead but here is my update.

I ended up not getting it. Here is the reason.

Because the guy said "rebagged JUN fw" I did not get it. A lot of the JDM flywheels, JUN in particular, are made for JDM starters which have a slightly diffrent tooth pattern. The problem with this is after a while, the starter (which is harder) eats away at the teeth on the FW. Then to top it off, since it is chromoly, the teeth are more likely to get damaged by the meshing of the FW and the starter because the starter teeth are harder. A guy on Team-integra had a JUN flywheel and after about a year, his flywheel teeth got so bad that he had to push start the car to get it running. On honda-tech, I found one bad review about this flywheel, suffering from the same issue, so I steared away from it.

So what did I get?

ACT streetlite FW (12 lbs) and I mixed it with a Exedy Organic disc and Pressure plate. So how does it feel? Well my car is up on jackstands right now, Swap is almost totally finished and the pedal presure is great. Not as stiff as the ACT pressure plate (which I hate being so stiff) but much more pressure as stock. I think that it is just right.

That's a great setup you bought. Too bad about the other one, I've been waiting for one you could resurface.

I have had the Kaiten 9lb chromoly flywheel on my b16b for about 8k miles now and no problem. I really like it.

Yeah there has always been that problem with JDM flywheels getting eaten from starters. I know from the B-series you jsut have to use the B16A starter. And its all good. Can't wait to use my Spoon flywheel. :)

Originally posted by JDMilan@Dec 7 2003, 06:31 PM
asmallsol :thumbsup: I was going to bring up the chromoly vs. aluminum thing but you already mentioned it

Yea, I am kinda gun shy with the ACT streetlite, since it is chromoly too, however, since the starter ring is cut for US starters, and I have not heard too many complaints about the ACT teeth vs starter, I decided to go with this.

My second choice with the flywheel would have been the fidanza (which is the same as the Comptech) however, it being that light, I would have to run a scatter sheild. Also, with the aluminum, I was worried about the likelyness of warping it. With the Chromoly, it atleast will not warp.

when this post started(a month ago...=/... i said i had one but never used it yet cuz swap wasnt done...well its done now and this flywheel kicks ass :thumbsup:...xcept...how the fuck do u pronounce it :hmm:

Back