Karting, Any into this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm talking about the buy/own/race type of carting, not renting at a track...

looking for info on chassis types and motor spec's

I have a friend that races on a local circuit. He's damn good too. I can give you his email if he's okay with it but I gotta ask him first.

yea, that'd be cool
just trying to get info on them

a friend has a couple flat track quads and my friend and i went to see him race this weekend
we also saw some lawn tractors (stock-ish) and some racing tractors (go-carts with lawn mower metal) as well as dirtbikes and quads and regular carts

my friend decided he wants to get into it for next season, he's looking at a package deal testerosa and emmick karts along with trailer, stands, parts, bodies, wheels etc

If you are going to buy a kart, seriously consider a Rotax RM1. I have an 80cc shifter kart and honestly I haven't run it in a year because the classes suck here. Nobody shows up with 80cc karts anymore so I would get lumped in with the 125s and get smoked by someone who weighs 50 lbs less with 20 more HP. I don't feel that I am ready to move up to 125 shifters yet which is why I still have my 80. If I could do it over again, it'd for sure be an RM1. They are much more reliable and don't require nearly as frequent rebuilds. Plus the paddle shifting is cool and they are a bit more forgiving.

It all depends on what kind of karts show up at your local track. Besy bet is to go out on a day when there is racing or practice and speak with some people about different setups and classes.

i raced micro sprints for a bit (dirt), lots of fun, decent racing for an oval..... if you have multiple tracks in the area it makes it more fun, but its pretty expensive... Its basically a mini sprint car either powered by a 125cc two stroke, 250cc two stroke, or 600cc bike motor... the 600's are fast as hell, just as quick as a modified dirt track car (v8 powered big ass cars) because they are so light with a relatively powerful motor.

id love to try racing a shifter cart or something on asphalt too, but if dirts all you got then try it, its a fun way to get into wheel to wheel racing, learn how to set up the car, work on the motors etc etc on a smaller scale then say an SCCA car or something

well, we've got one emmick kart with a kt-100 motor and one olimpic testerosa kart with a B+S 5 hp alcohol motor

this should get interesting

You know I'm into them. If you go to Port Jervis I'm definately down :)

I have a 01 Inifiniti Oval kart with a Modified B&S Animal on it. 1 Piece ABS body :D

98 Margay Syncro Straight rail with a stocker B&S

00 Swiss Hutless with a KT100, heavily modded :)

i think olimpic stopped making the testerossa in 93 or 94, and god knows how old the emmick is
lol

i think you're prob a bit out of my league...
port jervis is asphalt?
these are both offset, the emmick has the wedge type body on it, fucking shit hauler

I have a couple extra bodies, 1 that I painted R32 blue too. You can have it if I meet up with you one weekend.

Port Jervis has a dirt oval and a road course ;)

They have unlimited classes. I have yet to race there, but the dude I bought it from did all the time. He said the unlimited class is nuts. I have a lot of the stock parts to run a 4 hole can class too.

I have no ruling info. I would get the info from the Port Jervis track. I cant remember the website name, sorry :(

What kinda info are you looking for? I am the coadviser for our highschool Karting club. Right now we have three karts and are builing a jig to make chasis every year. We have about 15-20 kids and we race during the week in the high school back lot. Every now and then we visit the local track. Right now our standard 5hp briggs block is putting out close to 8.5 hp with few mods.

Back