Katrina and Rita Vehicals....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn :cry:
My mom told me they were selling flood damaged cars already here in Az with switched VINs.
Then she told me i should go get her a cheap civic over there and fix it :)

makes a whole lot of sense

go down there get some easily repairable cars...like civic and tegs and fix em and sell em... $$$$$

I have a feeling that next year there will be a huge boom for cheap race shells.....and a huge demand for import clips from Japan...

If I had about 6K's sitting around, I'd get that orange one, strip it completely, sandblast it, paint it, and get an R32 clip, plug/play/fab...and get all new parts to build up a car for full track duty....

but I don't have 6K's, a sandblaster booth, or the time to even do it... :cry:

did you notice they are both from the same seller that has to hurt the sad thing is the electronics would more than likely be ok if there was no battery in the car they would just have to dry completly before they see any kind of voltage. also the engines can probaly be salvaged if you filll cylindars with oil /(trans fluid is better) they will probaly unseize.

Quoted post[/post]]
did you notice they are both from the same seller that has to hurt the sad thing is the electronics would more than likely be ok if there was no battery in the car they would just have to dry completly before they see any kind of voltage. also the engines can probaly be salvaged if you filll cylindars with oil /(trans fluid is better) they will probaly unseize.

All three....

If the car was submerged...well i guess water could seep thru the air filter up into the intake manifold and then into the head but... or even up thru the exhaust pipe, but might not get past the cat... Wouldnt' there be an easy way to dry the bastard out and salvage it? The motor I mean.

chances of water getting into the valve train area is very minamal...so the head would be safe...to an extent... for the rest of the engine...a good degreasing bath...and take it all apart....if no water or rust is present...the just wire brush the bad spots and clean it up....but then you have to ask yourself...how much is that engine worth....the 3.1-3.2 stroker...would be worth the time...stock or normal engines...it would be easier to just swap in a JDM engine and call it a week...the rest of the car...gut it, throw everything out...and hope you find some parts on Ebay...or just fab up everything and build it to the way that you want. Tranny is sealed, and so is the diff......so a good job of sand blasting it in a booth is all that's needed...then paint. the wires will be the problem...but grab a painless wire harness...install a full assortment of guages or a full dash from a northern car...and drive.

But the main thing...is to just strip it...blast it...re-paint it...and install all the parts you can source...and build it the way you want it...forget about doing any type of restoration, cause the vin will show it was flooded...and there is no value on it...and insurance companies may not insure it once it's back on the road..unless you have a factory restoration licence...

and that's what will make it cheap....but if your going to get a shell...then the sooner you can get one...then better....we still don't know what was in that water........if there was enough petrolium products in the water that the car was submerged in...then rust will be minamal....on the other hand...if a lot of salts, calsium, and any other type of an acidic chemical was in that water...then pass it over.....and more than likely...you will never know what was in that water...so just get these shells for one reason...to beat on them and not worry about the value of the car...So the long they sit in the water the worse of a condition it will be.....putting one of those Z's into a wall during a drift event wouldn't even phaze me.....but if the car was mint to begine with...and not a flood car...then walls would scare this piss out of me...like it does when I drive my Z....

Back