Kazaa? What do you guys use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Well Kazaa seems to have been closed down by the authorities. Whats the most popular P2P download software that you guys use?

Originally posted by lude68@Jan 11 2004, 10:26 AM
imesh...seems to be almost exactly like kazaa..

How good are all of these as far as downloading music?

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 11 2004, 10:41 AM
imesh y0.

Is that the seconds version of Napster? or is it something completely new? How much is it$$?

I use the following P2P client, % of time used
Shareaza (80%) , WinMX (15%), Imesh(5%) - in that order

Originally posted by BlackDx@Jan 11 2004, 01:42 PM
I use kazza lite.....But is there a better one for downloading movies?

for movies theres; edonkey network(emule, shareaza), mirc, dc(good luck with this one), and bittorrent. i think shareaza supports all of those cept for dc and mirc.

i tried searching on shareaza for files that are common in the edonkey network(--full length dvd rips :D :D :D ) and couldnt really find any; emule turned up more results, even though shareaza is supposed to be able to go on edonkey. but for music i primarily use kazaa, if riaa hasnt screwed with the songs.

I use WinMX...no ads...Used to use Imesh but couldn't stand the stupid ads. Plus I kept getting viruses and stuff. With WinMX haven't had any of those problems, in addition WinMX doesn't do IP reporting.

IRC owns all !!! Will never be shut down and has everything !!! Instead of downloading songs, you can get the whole album !!!

IRC > any sharing program

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Jan 11 2004, 03:43 PM-->
@Jan 11 2004, 01:42 PM
I use kazza lite.....But is there a better one for downloading movies?

for movies theres; edonkey network(emule, shareaza), mirc, dc(good luck with this one), and bittorrent. i think shareaza supports all of those cept for dc and mirc.

i tried searching on shareaza for files that are common in the edonkey network(--full length dvd rips :D :D :D ) and couldnt really find any; emule turned up more results, even though shareaza is supposed to be able to go on edonkey. but for music i primarily use kazaa, if riaa hasnt screwed with the songs.

shareaza doesn't connect to the edonkey networks by default, you need to turn it on manually.

Back