Kcuf this snow!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A noreaster for tues or wed. I hate the winter. We got more snow than Buffalo this year by 2"s. I do have to say the 2wd Silverado has been pulling through well, just got to take it easy sometimes and try not to stop on hills.
I hope this stuff melts soon, my gutters are blocked, the roof is dripping with huge icicles and my back stairs are solid ice.

I'm more worried about the cold coming in. We haven't seen -10 in these parts in a LONG time.... 20 years i think. pipes are going to pop.

I'm more worried about the cold coming in. We haven't seen -10 in these parts in a LONG time.... 20 years i think. pipes are going to pop.

just keep some water flowing and you should be fine. cost some money on the water bill, but cheaper than replacing the plumbing.

naw, not in the house, just pipes in the road and such. most of the pipes around here are 1800/1990 turn of the century clay style.

news guy said the other day, that due to global warming...this is the new norm.... and we're only in like what..week 5 of winter?

My work lost its heat last week, and the tech finally got some parts in yesterday, but it needs even more parts now and several grand. SO basically it might freeze. I left a few space heaters on low and the water dripping. Hopefully we don't freeze. A little saving grace is that the some of the neighbors heating ducts run through our part of the building so we get a little heat.

I hope we don't get anymore snow, the ice damn on my roof is pissing me off. No water inside, so far.

If anyone can do work (legally) cleaning ice off of roofs you can make a fortune right now. A lot of houses are getting ruined right now from ice dams. Maybe the construction industry will get a little kick around here.

dangerous work, with huge insurance $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to do work like that, making it barely profitable, even though they can charge through the roof for it.

Thats why I said legally. There is money to be made doing the removal, you just need to know how to charge or be friendly with insurance adjusters. There will be money in fixing the houses when things dry out.

My work lost its heat last week, and the tech finally got some parts in yesterday, but it needs even more parts now and several grand. SO basically it might freeze. I left a few space heaters on low and the water dripping. Hopefully we don't freeze. A little saving grace is that the some of the neighbors heating ducts run through our part of the building so we get a little heat.

I hope we don't get anymore snow, the ice damn on my roof is pissing me off. No water inside, so far.

If anyone can do work (legally) cleaning ice off of roofs you can make a fortune right now. A lot of houses are getting ruined right now from ice dams. Maybe the construction industry will get a little kick around here.

The three easiest ways to fix an ice dam.
1) insulate your attic space and make sure your vents aren't covered.
2) clean out your gutters every fall
3) get a roof rake or shovel off the first two feet of your roof

Gutters were just cleaned in the fall. I have a condo and the attic is considered a common area so I technically can't add insulation. It hasn't stopped me before from doing things I shouldn't but I might have to insulate.
Having a HOA just sucks.

Gutters were just cleaned in the fall. I have a condo and the attic is considered a common area so I technically can't add insulation. It hasn't stopped me before from doing things I shouldn't but I might have to insulate.
Having a HOA just sucks.

If you are part of a condo then I would approach the condo association about this problem since it can lead to damage and potentially lead to issues selling later on and could effect the value of the condo.

wait, whats the problem with ice on your roof? and how will insulation help? im a little confused about whats going on with that.

running out of room to put this white stuff.... I won't see me grass til June.....

DSC05020.JPG

DSC05021.JPG

DSC05023.JPG

DSC05028.JPG

and that one hump here is a CRX...

DSC05029.JPG

DSC05032.JPG

we got about 8" i would say. maybe more fell, but it compacted by the time i saw it at noon :D

still, a ton of snow on the ground from a storm every 3 days.

i'm REALLY worried about my roof now. a ton of weight up there. i think i'm going to have to buy one of those rakes...

Attachments

• PICT1139.JPG
    PICT1139.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT1140.JPG
    PICT1140.JPG
    464.1 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT1141.JPG
    PICT1141.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT1142.JPG
    PICT1142.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT1143.JPG
    PICT1143.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 92
we got about 8" i would say. maybe more fell, but it compacted by the time i saw it at noon :D

still, a ton of snow on the ground from a storm every 3 days.

i'm REALLY worried about my roof now. a ton of weight up there. i think i'm going to have to buy one of those rakes...

Don't waste the money - just hop your happy ass up on the roof yourself and push it off with a shovel. You don't need to get down to the bare shingle and you only have a what looks to be a 4/5 pitch roof.

getting on top of an icy roof doesnt sound like fun to me.

soudns like a recipe for a landing on whats probably become a solid layer of ice on the ground.

yeah, there's no way in hell i'm climbing up on the roof now.

$40 rake < $2500 insurance deductible for when i break my ass

Back