keep blowing struts help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
I've got a 95 integra gsr SEDAN
Ive got new style ground control coilovers set at about 1.5-1.7" drop and I keep blowing my rear shocks, they will work good for about 4 months and then the car starts bouncing around again in the back and the struts leak.
Originally I just installed the coilovers with the stock struts, and it blew them, then I went with some tokico blue, then it blew them, Now I've got KYB AGX adjustables all the way around and my right rear one just blew out about a month ago, which means that I prolly only have about 2 more weeks or so on the left one since that one is taking all the stress.
Nothing is bent on my suspension and I have had my car aligned each time I did a strut changeover just to make sure I don't wear the tires.
Any suggestions, I spent alot of money on the KYBs and I don't wanna get them again and have them blow out in that short of time.
and btw I contacted kyb about the so called lifetime warranty, and they said that the warranty is voided if the car is lowered more than 1 inch and if you use coilovers it is also voided, so that lifetime warranty is crap.
I just want to get some struts in the car that are going to last for about 2 years or more, rather than 4 months

sounds like the coilover is set too low and the struts are taking all the road abuse rather than working simultaneously with the coils... try a shorter strut or a strut that is manufactured for extreme drops. if all else fails go with some air suspension... almost luxury..

wtf? AGX? that is not a low drop at all for AGX.

ive been dropped on the same AGX/H&R combo for years, seriously like 60K miles between 2 cars.

sounds like either an installation problem, or something is up with your cars unibody.

KYB's warranty is there for a reason. its not shit. there are a few people on this board who have received replacement KYB shocks.

I just think that the spring rate on the ground controls is too much for the shocks to handle, too much up and down in a smaller area than with regular lowering springs, I think Im just going to get some progress or neuspeed springs and replace the agx because I really did like the way they rode before they started going bad.

PM him... he might not be looking at this thread anymore...

Back