1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keep blowing struts help

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by welfare, Feb 25, 2007.

1. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

I've got a 95 integra gsr SEDAN
    Ive got new style ground control coilovers set at about 1.5-1.7" drop and I keep blowing my rear shocks, they will work good for about 4 months and then the car starts bouncing around again in the back and the struts leak.
    Originally I just installed the coilovers with the stock struts, and it blew them, then I went with some tokico blue, then it blew them, Now I've got KYB AGX adjustables all the way around and my right rear one just blew out about a month ago, which means that I prolly only have about 2 more weeks or so on the left one since that one is taking all the stress.
    Nothing is bent on my suspension and I have had my car aligned each time I did a strut changeover just to make sure I don't wear the tires.
    Any suggestions, I spent alot of money on the KYBs and I don't wanna get them again and have them blow out in that short of time.
    and btw I contacted kyb about the so called lifetime warranty, and they said that the warranty is voided if the car is lowered more than 1 inch and if you use coilovers it is also voided, so that lifetime warranty is crap.
    I just want to get some struts in the car that are going to last for about 2 years or more, rather than 4 months

2. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    sounds like the coilover is set too low and the struts are taking all the road abuse rather than working simultaneously with the coils... try a shorter strut or a strut that is manufactured for extreme drops. if all else fails go with some air suspension... almost luxury..

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

wtf? AGX? that is not a low drop at all for AGX.

ive been dropped on the same AGX/H&R combo for years, seriously like 60K miles between 2 cars.

sounds like either an installation problem, or something is up with your cars unibody.

KYB's warranty is there for a reason. its not shit. there are a few people on this board who have received replacement KYB shocks.

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

I just think that the spring rate on the ground controls is too much for the shocks to handle, too much up and down in a smaller area than with regular lowering springs, I think Im just going to get some progress or neuspeed springs and replace the agx because I really did like the way they rode before they started going bad.

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

it is too much for them to handle...

get H&R springs. perfection there.

6. 97SIRTN

97SIRTN Member

I got a set of Neuspeed sports that go 1.8 for sale:ph34r:

7. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    PM him... he might not be looking at this thread anymore...

8. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

send me a PM, thanks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted