keep d16z6 or swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just wondering because 80 mph at 4 grand is nothing

i know but no belt no go no matter how much money u put into it

it broke now i think if i go turbo ill probably cal HKS hopefully theyll have one or k20

no ac and no power steering or something new under the hood ill keep thinking later
dude no offence but, alot of your post just flat dont make sense, i think you need to read up alot on hondas, before you try anything

this is true I just tore apart my y7 that I pulled after it crapped out on me and found the rings were fried. I didn't necisarily mean lowering the compression I just meant the rods, pistons, head gasket, and of course arp head studs. That engine kit sounds like a kick ass deal. do you have a link for it?

dont really have a budget i just write stuff down, create a list and as i save money i check them off one by one lol, but i atleast want 250whp if the crank can push it

for 250whp, you HAVE to turbo the d. if ur on a budget, 250whp is unlikely with any natural asp. d/b/f(except f20c) without a ton of money. im assuming from the question that a k swap is out of the question, so u pretty much have to boost. however, 210-220 is about the universal maxwhp you can get on a stock rodded d, and thats pushing it to the limit. so no matter what ur gonna need to spend some coin to hit 250. either rods/slugs/turbo for the d, or b series swap boostin on a stock bottom end. both routes can easily see reliable 250whp, but will probably run about 3000 for a decent setup, assuming ur doing this shit yourself, if its done by a shop, expect to spend 4 to 5

Boosted D's cost much less than that. You can have all needed bottom end parts for like $500 which includes pistons, rods, gaskets and seals. Spend about $50 on a STD, HF, or CX exhaust manifold, ~$20-$30 for an adapter plate, and probably $150 for a nice junkyard turbo. You'd also need other things like maybe slightly larger injectors(junkyard DSM 440s can be had cheap, and also Prelude VTEC 310s), tuning, and intake and exhaust plumbing.

like i said, if you want a DECENT setup, it will cost you. hf manis and adapter plates with dsm injectors/resistor boxes is ghetto. not that it cant work, but its junk. seen it in action

not to degrade anyone's setup, or attack anyone here with a DIY setup, im just sayin ive seen both diy's/dsm setups and actual turbo kits/pieced setups side by side and the car with the newer more superior parts is always better, cleaner, more reliable

like i said, if you want a DECENT setup, it will cost you. hf manis and adapter plates with dsm injectors/resistor boxes is ghetto. not that it cant work, but its junk. seen it in action

Homemade setups are proven to work well and reliably; they're decent. I too have seen homemade set ups and as long as you do everything correctly, you'll be fine. Spending $3000 on a turbo set up is pretty much a higher-end set up; as in "250whp is not your goal".

Also, I don't see how resistor boxes are ghetto when many Honda's came with them stock.

I'd rather have a 250whp "junk" homemade setup that works well vs. a 250whp $3000 setup that works just as well.

Last edited:
b16's are a dime a dozen these days.... turbo that and you'd have to be numb to NOT make 250 hp, and thats with no building or really pushing anything.

With a k20 costing $$$ and local legit b16's going for 1100 with tranny... i'd way put a b16/t combo in ANYTHING right now. I'm actually sad that i have dreams of HC racing, cuz for the cost of my tranny rebuild you could be making some ridiculous power.

Back