keep d16z6 or swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why swap the motor when you have 250 as your set goal? everyone just said that you can run that many horses on a stock d-series with a turbo. swapping the motor just to turbo that motor would be dumb, unless you plan on way more horse power. Work with what you got. As for homemade setups...don't talk shit about them. There is a guy running a twin t28 b16 that pushes a retarded amount of horse power for a homemade setup. Besides if you weren't in the tuning world to "customize" your car you wouldn't be here. Doing stuff yourself is what saves you tons of money. The more you can do the better, and if your really good at it it can make you money.

Here's my question to you. Why couldn't someone put their own turbo system together with brand new and quality parts? ;)

The benefit there is that you get exactly what you want and you spend a lot less money for it than you would for an off-the-shelf kit somebody else put together. From there the only variable is how much research said person put into choosing their parts.

Hate to say it, but you sound like an assclown.

why do you try to blast every post i put up? then you always end by name calling and talking shit, then try to call ME immature? i was saying 3k for a swap AND boost. and btw, from your last outburst, you felt it was necessary to post a pic of your bullshit basemodel 3 series. like we give a shit. if i wanted a slow, poor handling piece of german shit, id buy one. until that day comes, you can catch me rockin swapped, FAST hondas(and ac's too). that being said, youre a fag. might as well piss off.

(you'll probably respond w/ a paragraph or two tryin to hate. so in advance, take your own advice, stop being immature over the net, and find someone else that gives a fuck)

why do you try to blast every post i put up? then you always end by name calling and talking shit, then try to call ME immature? i was saying 3k for a swap AND boost. and btw, from your last outburst, you felt it was necessary to post a pic of your bullshit basemodel 3 series. like we give a shit. if i wanted a slow, poor handling piece of german shit, id buy one. until that day comes, you can catch me rockin swapped, FAST hondas(and ac's too). that being said, youre a fag. might as well piss off.

(you'll probably respond w/ a paragraph or two tryin to hate. so in advance, take your own advice, stop being immature over the net, and find someone else that gives a fuck)
blanco has a point, a put together turbo will work just as well if not better than a kit.

im not saying that it wont! i never did! the kit on my car is pieced together for fucks sake. im saying get new nice reliable parts-not junk someones selling off their 200k mile dsm and then wire it up with resistor boxes that arent designed for that car. thats all im sayin. precision injectors are cheap, rcs can be found cheap and are way better than a used dsm setup.

why swap the motor when you have 250 as your set goal? everyone just said that you can run that many horses on a stock d-series with a turbo. swapping the motor just to turbo that motor would be dumb.

huh? where were ppl telling him it was ok to push 250 on a stock d??

do it kid

(if you wanna spend ur afternoons picking up pieces of your blown motor.)

on the bright side, those motor ARE cheap...

ouch no need to get all angry

damn i was driving down some street near a walmart and saw a 1989 supra for sale....$1,700....so tempting but it seems everytime i get one it dies on me somehow....its that car that always gets away from me...maybe im not ready for it yet lol

If you didn't give piss poor, band-wagon, and flat out half-informed advice you wouldn't have more knowledgeable people telling you that you're wrong.

The 325i is not the base model and a BMW with an H&R coil over setup is far from a "poor handling piece of German shit". This thing handles way better than either of my Civics, that both have H&R suspensions as well. Don't be mad because you've spent all of your money on a Civic when you could've had a far nicer and far more performance orientated car. :lmao:

These speak for themselves.
E36 BMW review: 1992-1995 Honda Civic Full Review - Consumer Guide Automotive
EG Civic review: 1992-1995 Honda Civic Full Review - Consumer Guide Automotive

The most hilarious thing about your reply is that you don't have a clue how blatantly hypocritical it was.

this "half informed" feedback is based off personal experience. yeah i try to promote b swaps over building a piss slow no torque d series because in personal experience d's suck balls over b series all day. yeah i promote boost over n/a, if you want 270whp or more out of anything non k (except f20c) you have to boost. yeah i promote new turbo parts over used dsm bullshit, its a no brainer. and as for your 3 series:its slow and overpriced. yes it handles poorly as its a 3300lb shit box. how do you have the nuts to rep a stock 3 series on ANY honda website when you should know for a fact that a well tuned b (hell even d) will shit on a 3 series for 1/2 the price. and for the record i rock a boosted dc2. says so in my profile thingy on the left there. if you want, i can upload a pic of me next to it giving you the finger........

and to be fair, the bm is def WAY nicer in stock form when compared to stock civs and tegs! obviously, its no comparison. but most of us here arent riding stock.............:D

Back