Keep Gsr Or Go Ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TegraTuner

I have a 1995 Integra gsr with 140k and I need a new Tranny... Rather than rebuild the tranny i was considering doing a swap. Since I have the gsr should I just get a Ls block and sleeve it to crv specs and do a ls/vtec configuration or should I just keep my gsr and rebuild? If i should go ls/vtec what is all required of a Ls/Vtec Swap in addition to the parts I would already have? I was also considering a h22a swap but I changed my mind due to lack of aftermarket.
Thank you for your help...
TegraTuner

none of those options address your need for a new tranny
how is your engine??? still going strong of about to die too

if everything is about to die just get a full GSR swap with an LSD tranny and be done with it

sell off the shit that is still good off your old engine
or rebuild your old engine and keep it for a spare

I am sorry my post was a little mis-leading.. My 5th gear synchronizer has went up in the transmission and I can still get into 5th when I double clutch ( not horrible but can be annoying ). My engine still runs strong with 144k on it, most of the mileage was put on before I owned the car but I was told that most of the mileage was from highway use. I like the Gsr engine but always wished I had a little more torque off the start, Although I know it is a buildable motor I was wondering in my case if it would be actually cheaper to go ls/vtec rather than do a performance rebuild on the gsr and get a new tranny. Thanks again!

Back