keep or sell??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dutch08

i have an 89 si hatch . i bought the car for 500 and it wasnt running. i put a cold air intake, a new throttle body , new header and head pipe, and a new battery. the car is still missing a cat converter and cat-back exhaust. at the moment it doesnt have any oil. i dont have any money to pay a mechanic to look at it. i was woundering if anyone lives in or around murrieta CA that could take a look at it for me and give me some advice, any advice would be helpful and much appreciated

honda011.jpg

honda026.jpg

does it run?...look to see when/if it runs if it blows smoke? listen for any heavy tapping in the motor..Is it not holding oil at all?..

haha help if I read thepost better..lol well Ide throw some oil into it and a good battery and see if the sucker starts..is it doing anything funny if you've allready tried those things?....

does it turn over when you turn the key? was it sitting for a while before you bought it? and you should hook up those vacuum lines on the intake manifold

when i got it, it kicked over but it reved realy high, at the time it was missing the TB+intake and the whole exhaust, i think it is still missing a few things under the hood. a few of the hoses arnt conected cause im not sure where they go.......this is my first car.

ok if possible take pictures. upload to photobucket. and then post on here. so we can see what you are working with. pictures of hoses you are referring to.

where are you located. btw.

i'll take better pics today, but here are the ones i took last night. i think i might have the wrong throttle body, if you notice the where the MAP sensor is.
honda014-1.jpg

honda013.jpg

honda026-1.jpg

google vaccum diogram for your car and some really good diograms should come up and some of them really easy explain where all the lines go

Back