Keeping Brakes Cool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98integrals

well right now ive got oem brakes... EVERYTHING is oem. i need to think up something to help keep the temps down a bit so they dont feel like shit after like 4 laps of test/tune....

so far im planning on taking off the dust covers and trying to run some brake ducting, i just dont know where to run it cause there isnt that much room with the wheels at any other position than strait.

any ideas? suggestions? good setups?

thanks

well i would get new brakes if i could afford them... the only problem with that is i have to find small ones that would still have to fit under my 14" winter tires.... and that sucks. plus im broke so i cant really afford much

Originally posted by 98integrals@Apr 22 2003, 08:45 PM
well i would get new brakes if i could afford them... the only problem with that is i have to find small ones that would still have to fit under my 14" winter tires.... and that sucks. plus im broke so i cant really afford much

oh, balls. I'd just go with your inital suggestion then, nothing with pads or anything is really going to do all that much for the heat.

removing the sheilds and running the ducting will help a lot

when you have the cash get some better equipment under there

brembo blanks (very good and come in your stock size so you will not have clearance issues)
hawk HP+ pads (sick grip and good fade resistance)
ATE blue fluid (high temp fluid resists boiling and creating air pockets in the lines)
goodridge lines (better feel and more brake pressure due to not expanding like rubber lines do)

all of that can be had for $415 shipped from www.colettimotorsports.com

Back