Keeping Power Steering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Is there anything special I'll have to do to keep my power steering when I swap my c5 into my ek?

that old of a bracket? this is a 99 b series going into a 99 civic. why so old? wouldn't you need one for a newer car/motor?

You dont need no power steering...It adds more weight to your car...and it helps you work out your arms. ;)

If your ITR swap came with the pump and shit I imagine it just hooks right back up. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

i dont think you need anything special and from your pics it looks like it came with it so i think your fine.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Mar 9 2004, 10:43 PM
Thanks! Power steering is good for autocross! Lots of quick turns!

:no:

It is for me! I can see in a road racing where the feedback would be better, but I think less energy to turn the wheel in autocross would be better. I really don't care all that much, but I drove a friends mr2 without ps and it sucked. I like power steering.

Manual steering is always better for road feel and steering input. I like manual steering bc it goes where I point it. Although ps would be nice for maneuvering parking lots and the such.

I swapped a 99 ls b-series in my 99 civic coupe and the ls power steering bracket couldn't fit in my car. I was pissed for awhile since I didn't have power steering, but after awhile, you get used to it and you start to like it better. You feel the turns better. I wouldn't want to go back to power steering now that I think about it.

Also, you can always add a breather from what I've heard which makes turning easier. B)

The only gripe about no power steering is parking which takes a bit more effort, but if you're a real man, you won't complain and cry like a little girl.

Originally posted by turbo99@Mar 10 2004, 02:34 PM
The only gripe about no power steering is parking which takes a bit more effort, but if you're a real man, you won't complain and cry like a little girl.

im sorry, but i just found that funny.. lol :p

Back