keeping power steering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C_EX

Hey guys

So i got my B18C into my 99 EX and its nnnnice !!!!!!!!

but i have no power steering because my engine sits so far up....the pully for the power steering is almost hitting the back of my head light assembly..... now is the engine supposed to sit so far up? or is the power steering for the GSR too big for my car and i have to get a diff one?

please help..... thanks

I got this tech straight from "Honda Engine Swaps" by Aaron Bonk from chapter 8" 1996 to 2000 Civic

"A/C and Power Steering Made Easy"

"Unfortuately the power steering isn't going to be that simple, but it's still relatively easy. It's just a matter of having the right parts. The 96-98 pumps differ slightly from the 99-00 pumps, so you might think you have two options. Well you don't, because neither of them will work. You actually need to install the pump found on the 98-01 Integra. The pump will allow you to resuse the Civic power steering feed line, and will bolt up to any of these B-series engines with the proper brackets. Lower power steering brackets will remain the same for all B-series, but the upper bracket will differ depending on whether or not the engine is anything but a B18C GSR or a non-VTEC B series. The B18C GSR engines require the upper bracket from the 94-01 Integra GSR, while the LS and CRV engines need the bracket from the 94-01 Integra RS and LS. Just because the pump is a 98 or newer unit doesn't mean the brackets must be as well. As for all of the other B16A and Type R engines, these require the bracket from the 97-01 Integra Type R" (Bonk, 89).

ok so
i need 94 -01 upper bracket from a gsr and i can keep the gsr pump and the lower bracket?

why do people mention the del sol vtec and never this ?

Back