Ken Block - Gymkhana 5! Ultimate Urban Playground, San Francisco

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my fav part was the 90deg jump/corner :)

i liked the freeze frame camera pans too. very fun vid.

Just watched the video, came here to post it, but got beat lol. How fun must that have been, to drive around tearing up the streets like that

Killer vid. :thumbsup:

Wonder what fell off at 3:38?

And I kept waiting for some Lombard Street action. :D
Skateboarder-vs-Lombard-Street.jpg

I was gunna post it too lol. Way better then the last.

Just crazy to see him ripping through such busy streets. I've driving down many of those roads....killer views once you get to the top of those 180 degree uphill roads. Golden Gate bridge empty? lol

Yea, that video was awesome. Pretty cool that they were able to shut down such a high-use city to shoot a video.

Just crazy to see him ripping through such busy streets. I've driving down many of those roads....killer views once you get to the top of those 180 degree uphill roads. Golden Gate bridge empty? lol
That is the Bay Bridge homie..

Killer vid. :thumbsup:

Wonder what fell off at 3:38?

And I kept waiting for some Lombard Street action. :D
Heard they tried for Lombard but couldn't get it approved

They paid the city $1m to shoot this.

Amazing they were able to stop traffic on the bridge and basically shutdown the financial district. All very busy places. And I didn't hear about any of this happening.

Love seeing my city by the bay. :)

I'm just amazed that all the shots were that clean- if you have to shut down a public area to film each segment, I think it'd be pretty damn hard to get enough practice runs in to get a clean run for each section.

yea, i'd like to know how much lead time they had per section. the bridge was probably an easy shot as nothing happened, but the docks and stuff. "ok, you got an hour"

got bored, added music and some effects to it :D

and its in HD 720P so if you have a decent connection like I do (xfinity, bitch!) then take advantage of that! if I had left it as 1080P the video would have been well over a gigabyte. As it is the video was around 450 MB...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wskNDL9AE

Also... if you don't mind, click share!

Last edited:
I want to know how they managed to get those streets cleared and the city's approval for all that. They must have spent millions.

Could have been on different days too.

from the description on the youtube video : "Shot on the actual streets of San Francisco, California, GYM5 features a focus on fast, raw and precise driving action. Filmed over four days, director Ben Conrad and his team are back to work on their second Gymkhana production and delivered the entire city of San Francisco as Ken Block's personal gymkhana playground."

Back